PDA

View Full Version : Airhawk "cruiser" seat

NorthbyNW
23-10-13, 10:01 PM
My bike, CBF600S, has a pretty hard, uncomfortable seat for the longer rides. Seeing the discussion of a custom seat-maker in Tokyo vs. Airhawk (http://www.airhawk.net/airhawk-products.aspx) back in August, decided to try the Airhawk since it isn't feasible for me to be visiting a Kanto seat guy.
Have to say it is pretty comfortable, once you figure out the right amount of air (hint: less than you might think at first). I bought it from a dealer in the States -- don't know if there are any here in Japan. Got the original rather than the Airhawk 2 because of the 2-year warranty for the Airhawk compared to one year for the Airhawk 2 (lighter materials).
Result: I am staying on the seat longer and pulling into rest stops for reasons like toilet and rest rather than my aching butt, so I'll call it a winner.
Dealer cautioned me against leaving the cushion inside the casing when getting off the bike lest it get stolen. Wonder how real that risk is in Japan. . . :001_rolleyes:

Penguin Knife Fight
24-10-13, 01:09 AM
I recently purchased and tested the Airhawk 2 and it was nice compared to the usual pain, but the balls still suffered. I see that airhawk has a new design. the new version has a channel in the middle with no support to let the boys relax. I will say I got a lot more seat time without stops with the airhawk, but my beanbag still wanted alone time.

Twinrider
24-10-13, 09:56 AM
Dealer cautioned me against leaving the cushion inside the casing when getting off the bike lest it get stolen. Wonder how real that risk is in Japan. . . :001_rolleyes:

Highly unlikely but not entirely impossible. It's a generally a very safe country but I did have a helmet disappear when I ducked into a video store years ago (lots of uni students about). And for some reason my sheepskin seat cover also took a walk earlier this year. Not sure if that happened outside or in my office parking garage. I'm suspecting the latter. I used zip ties to fasten the cover to the seat.