PDA

View Full Version : SENA 20R Helmet comms+

Penguin Knife Fight
27-09-14, 01:41 PM
So I just dropped some coin on the newest offering from Sena, The 20S. I am really looking forward to this because finally it seems they got it all in one package. I have been running the Chatterbox for a few years because I didn't like the limitations of the Sena, but now here are the perks.
Increased range
Increased battery life
Compatable with most other brands
Increased number of people on the network
Phone app to manage device and network
Programable FM stations for local music
Noise canceling
Voice comands
No more cutting out your music or conversation when GPS audio pops up etc.

Unfortunately it will be November until I get to try it out, but oh well. :D
Here's a compairison chart if anyone is interested.

http://www.sena.com/product-comparison-chart/ :biker:

rider2371
27-09-14, 04:18 PM
I assume you mean the 20S?

Penguin Knife Fight
27-09-14, 05:18 PM
I assume you mean the 20S?

LULZ Yup.

racer162
27-09-14, 06:46 PM
Enjoy. The Scala rider G9 also has those functions.

Penguin Knife Fight
29-09-14, 09:37 AM
I was looking at that one as well, After searching numerous threads and polls (Very scientific, I know LOL) the consensus was that the Bluetooth 4.0 on the Sena was superior in sound clarity and the price was a bit nicer. Problem with the Sena though is that the mounting base lock is breaking. lots of people have been getting replacements apparently under the 2 year warranty, but still pretty unnacceptable for a top dollar item. Oh well. Still beats my old set minus the range.

Diabolik
29-09-14, 09:53 AM
I am super happy with my Interphone F5MC
Senna 20s was the other option and similar price. I just choose interphone because few friend of mine have same devise so it's easier to stay connected.
Congratulations!

Twinrider
29-09-14, 10:31 AM
I am super happy with my Interphone F5MC
Senna 20s was the other option and similar price. I just choose interphone because few friend of mine have same devise so it's easier to stay connected.
Congratulations!

FWIW, the Sena now connects to other maker's communicators as well.

Diabolik
29-09-14, 01:03 PM
FWIW, the Sena now connects to other maker's communicators as well.

So does interphone I have...

racer162
29-09-14, 04:28 PM
The Scala rider G9 also connects with other companies as well great reception and if you get the new G9x you can use your gear phones of choice as well .. Nice little added feature.
Several folks I know here are using them and love it.

RedSquare
29-09-14, 05:34 PM
With the latest firmware update the SMH10-11 also has universal connection to other manufacturer's gear. And the price on those is dropping as they are now the old old model.

dmizer
29-09-14, 10:47 PM
With the latest firmware update the SMH10-11 also has universal connection to other manufacturer's gear.

As well as the SMH5. I've found it to be useful on several occasions.