PDA

View Full Version : Sayonara and thanks for all the sushi

Denroll
25-01-06, 05:38 PM
Well, I'm actually not leaving until Monday, but I'm getting ready to disconnect my computer as the movers are coming tomorrow.

I just want to thank those of you who showed up to my farewell party and those of you who wanted to come but couldn't. Rob Haak -Thanks for the phone call today.

My internet access will be limited for a while, but I'll check in when I get the chance. I'll be unpacked and settled in by the end of April, so I'll post pics of the new crib and, of course, some kick-ass riding pics. I can't resist showing off some nice wide open country spaces and some perfect, non-congested twisty roads surrounding the area to all of you feeling cramped up in this asphalt jungle/prison. I'll post up the results of my 'tard as I install the stroked crank and create the world's first DRZ 480!

I'm going to miss the eye-candy and the good food for sure. And, of course, my fellow GaijinRiders. I promise I will never, ever lose my Gaijinity.

BTW, I might be back out this way in 10-12 years. I sure as hell hope they fix the traffic problem (wishful thinking :roll: )

Last note: How's this for irony: now that I'm leaving Japan, I'll be studying Japanese at school. I should have a definite (defiant) advantage on my homework. :lol:

theblob
25-01-06, 06:21 PM
cheerio dennis,
goodluck in the future with all your endevours. ill look after the gixxa for you!! hope you enjoy it back in the states. thanks for everything:lol:

ant

Solo
25-01-06, 06:32 PM
Agree,
You'll be missed. Emjoy the change. Watch out for the rednecks in the pick-up trucks! :mrgreen:

Russ Dawg
25-01-06, 07:21 PM
Good bye, Dennis, and the very best of luck. I am glad to have had the chance to get to know you a little, and wish it could have been more.

billy-jay
25-01-06, 08:54 PM
Happy trails, bro.

ni-kito
25-01-06, 10:44 PM
So long Dennis,

On your way back home and on to bigger and butter things, eh? I'm glad for you. Don't forget your North Dock roots either and maybe try to find some battletrax events to demolish... ;)

Twinrider
26-01-06, 09:11 AM
Good luck, Dude. There've gotta be some advriders in your new neighborhood, looking forward to hearing some ride stories :)

Baturro
26-01-06, 01:12 PM
Buena suerte pequeno saltamontes. See you soon, CA

Jav2
26-01-06, 01:34 PM
Best of Aussie luck for the future, to your family from mine. Sorry i
didn't get to the fairwell.

Jav

shady
26-01-06, 08:46 PM
Dennis,

Not sure if your PC is still connected or not, but good luck on your new adventure.

Sorry I didnt make it to your farewell, I had intended to be there, but unfortunately something unavoidable came up..

Shady..

rada
26-01-06, 10:51 PM
Good luck Denroll, and I will be looking forward to hearing about the good trails/ twisties around the area. ;)

Baturro
27-01-06, 04:30 PM
I saw Dennis today. He told me he is leaving tomorrow. So tomorrow, everyone look up and wave good by!

Denroll
01-02-06, 01:05 PM
Hey, guys. Just checking in. The trip was miserable. About 30 hours total counting all the traveling and layovers. My sleeping schedule is off, but I'll live.

I was actually thinking of some of you and what a good time you would have had with me at the local Wal-Mart. The White Trash is absolutely out of control. Darwin was right about evolution because these creatures have grown out of control. It's as if some terrorists detonated a bomb containing an advanced strain of the trailer park virus. I mean, it's way worse than when I last lived here 10 years ago. Nothing but fat, mullets, fat, NASCAR shirts, and beat-up trucks with little to no mufflers. If I can muster up the courage to go back to Wal-Mart, I'm bringing my camera (and perhaps an National Geographic film crew, maybe that crazy Aussie crocodile wrangler guy). Funny thing is, just 30 minutes north on the highway, the effects of the bomb are at only 20% of what they were at Wal Mart. Hmmm, perhaps there is a direct correlation between Wal Mart and the amount of White Trash observed??? Could this be possible??? An interesting hypothesis for sure. Perhaps further research is necessary.

Anyhow, in other news, I finaly picked up my new Wagon (Estate) and promptly got the wheels I bought installed. The car is really nice, handles great (with the set of anti-sway bars and the strut tower brace I installed), and pretty much hauls ass for a wagon. The car exceeded my expectations, which made me happy. Window tint will be going on this week. Oh, My DRZ and KDX will be here at the end of April, so I'm a cager until then. Here she is:

Sinister Black:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Denroll/0cb0c7f6.jpg

Twinrider
01-02-06, 03:10 PM
Car looks good. I didn't realize the performance specs when you posted about it earlier. The performance, quality, safety features and AWD have put the V70R at the top of my list for when I return later this year. Gotta ballpark figure for how much I can expect to pay for one similar to yours in terms of mileage, year and condition?

Russ Dawg
01-02-06, 07:17 PM
Congrats on arriving safe and sound. And remember, white trash have a purpose too. It may be nothing more than to give others a cheap and easy sense of superiority, but that can come in handy some days, so what the heck. Car looks real nice, and has the added benefit of separating you visually from the aforesaid white trash. Miss Japan yet?

The Church Lady
01-02-06, 11:08 PM
Hey Dennis, glad to see you made it!

One nice looking family wagon you got there, I love it, total sleeper :badgrin:

Cheers!

Denroll
02-02-06, 12:36 PM
Gotta ballpark figure for how much I can expect to pay for one similar to yours in terms of mileage, year and condition?

It's hard to tell as the "R" is a fretty rare car. My car is a '99 and I got lucky and spotted it on eBay being sold by a dealer. It had 87k miles and I got it for $11.5k, down from their original $13.5k and well below KBB. If yo can, find a 2000 because they added a gear to the auto tranny (5spd, no manual in the US). The best bet would be to check the classifieds on a Volvo site like http://www.volvospeed.com or http://www.turbobricks.com as they come up occasionally.

white trash have a purpose too ...

:lol: :lol: I felt like Stephen Hawking (sans robot voice).

Do I miss Japan yet? The weirdest things I miss. Canned coffee, Conbini, the "single pointed" toothpicks, the girls, and..... there's something else..... oh, and my family. Although I must say it is nice to be able to drive for 20 minutes without stopping for one single traffic light. Tonight, I went for 25 minutes without seeing another vehicle. Sweet. Oh, and I can go right outside and see every star in the sky and I can build a nice and toasty fire in the wood burning stove (although the weather has been strangely mild. January was the warmest on record since the 1880's).

I love it, total sleeper :badgrin:

Cheers!

It sure as hell will be when the FedEx man gets here on Friday or Saturday with the rest of my goodies. ;)

I've got a BMC intake, a 3" downpipe with high flow Neko Converter, high flow dual exhaust, and a reflashed ECU to optimize the A/F and, of course, increase the turbo boost. It shoud bring me to 320bhp, up just a tad from the stock 247hp. I'm like a kid a few nights before Christmas! I can't wait!

I got the windows tinted today and it looks much better. I didn't like how everything I had in the boot was completely visible to anyone.

Another pic will follow....later.

scratch
10-02-06, 09:53 AM
Miss you already speedbump. Keep us posteed about how things are going. Try to hang on to two separate eyebrows and keeping wheels off of your house.