PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up for Komine mesh gear!

Guy Jinbaiquerre
28-07-08, 11:54 AM
I rode out to Hakuba this weekend. Usually I wear a leather jacket and chaps, but this time I tried out my new Komine armored mesh jacket and pants. They worked great. Very comfortable with the air flowing through while riding. And on the way home, I got caught in a sudden cloudburst (so severe that my cell phone in a separate pouch strapped to my leg got soaked and is now broken). Yet once the rain let up, I "air-dryed" in no time! Not only the mesh, but also my T-shirt under it dried out simply from the air blowing through it.

If I had worn my leathers that day, I would have been miserable. Even if I had stopped to put on rain gear, the leather still would have been wet from the initial burst of rain, and putting plastic rain gear over wet leather is not my idea of comfortable. Yay mesh!

Also, Komine has big-ass sizes for fat dudes like me. I got the 2XL jacket and 3XLB pants, but they go up to 5XLB! :crazyeyes: I think if you need those pants, you're probably too fat to ride a bike in the first place.

Twinrider
28-07-08, 02:39 PM
I rode out to Hakuba this weekend. Usually I wear a leather jacket and chaps

Speaking of chaps, would you happen to be the X4 rider who joined the Rt. 299 ride a few weeks back?

Komine jackets are great. I did a writeup on them here.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7350&p=76001&hilit=komine#p76001 (http://www.gaijinriders.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7350&p=76001&hilit=komine#p76001)

Guy Jinbaiquerre
28-07-08, 02:58 PM
That's me.

theDude
28-07-08, 09:40 PM
ah.... Guy. just figured out your name. clever.... :razz:

Pavy
29-07-08, 07:15 PM
Lol just figured too as well .. didn't know this was JW :lol: