PDA

View Full Version : The XR Rides Again!

haildamage
11-10-08, 08:48 AM
while i was back in the states my brother and i researched what was required to dual sport and tag his old non-street legal XR400 that he bought for trail riding when he lived in colorado. it was just such a shame to see such a great trailie collecting dust in his shed. after overcoming a small title hurdle my brother has gotten it on the road with the addition of a baja designs dual sport kit.

no more begging and borrowing a second bike so we can ride together next time i'm home. it feels like i just got a new bike! :bday:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/kansai-riders/IMG00075.jpg

merchantofmenace
11-10-08, 11:07 AM
Very nice! :mrgreen:

Jav2
14-10-08, 01:29 AM
Kewl,

But I think you have to change the US flag, as I think China just repossessed the US economy ............. :razz: :razz:

Insert Danger Mouse Commentry
Can 'bamy save the US economy from the evil clutches of the dragon, or will it be Mcain does it again....................... :lol: :lol:

Jav

haildamage
14-10-08, 07:35 AM
Kewl,

But I think you have to change the US flag, as I think China just repossessed the US economy ............. :razz: :razz:

Jav

nah, i think it's ok as this bike is already paid for. but i'll propose the idea of getting a chinese flag to fly on his house.

Guy Jinbaiquerre
14-10-08, 11:00 AM
Kewl,

If the US economy collapses, China will be hurt big-time. Who do you think they sell all their stuff to?

Also, there's a saying: If you owe the bank $1000, and can't repay it, you have a problem. But if you owe the bank $1 billion and can't repay it, the bank has a problem.

Jav2
14-10-08, 11:52 AM
If the US economy collapses, China will be hurt big-time. Who do you think they sell all their stuff to?

Also there is a saying, some people do not have a sense of humor............................ :roll:

Nice XR ........... ;)

Jav

haildamage
14-10-08, 11:16 PM

Also there is a saying, some people do not have a sense of humor............................ :roll:

Nice XR ........... ;)

Jav

yeah, the XR certainly aint the most exciting 400 trailie out there, but you can't beat the reliability, and as i said, it's paid for!

states like oklahoma rule for ease of tagging any off road bike! they just wanna see a receipt for insurance and a Baja Designs kit, and a signed statement that you think it's street legal. :badgrin: no inpection, no hassle.

Jav2
14-10-08, 11:35 PM
I wasn't putting it down! Just trying to keep a little bit of the original thread alive.
Wish I had the same back in OZ. With regs and taxes there its just not worth the effort.

Jav

haildamage
15-10-08, 07:20 AM
I wasn't putting it down! Just trying to keep a little bit of the original thread alive.
Wish I had the same back in OZ. With regs and taxes there its just not worth the effort.

Jav

oh, i didn't take it that way at all. just commenting on what a great old girl the XR is and will be for many years to come. it hadn't been ridden 5 miles in the last 5 years. what a shame. now that it's easy to take out. it'll live a second life! it's like getting an XR for $600 at this point!