Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet advice, philosophy, and jokes

I agree with Dualta..make your own food is the best! And it doesnt take that long and you dont need to be a chef in order to make something good, tasty but healthy..!

About Bruce Lee death of such early age and being health person , reminds us again that when is our time ,is our time..Nothing we can do about it, but if the destiny will give us many years to go, having healthy life will definitely help aging in good way.
    There will be always somebody who smokes and eat junk and still lives long, but the question is how does he live?..Coughing every day, taking medicine for high blood pressure or diabetes, pills for helping digestion,burning stomach and so on....I dont want to end up like that.
    As your bike, if you take care it will last longer,but sure you could have an accident any time and bike will be gone.

The point I want to explain is that having good healthy food and regular exercising the body, will not prevent you to died , but it will definitely help to have a healthy life for the years to come..

It is true that company trying their best to make very tasty the bad food they are selling, they are not concern about your health, they just want to sell more and make you more addicted to their stuff,and apparently they are succeeding in some extend..

Making a conscious choice about what we eat and how we eat, it will be good for us and it will teach us lots , so we can pass to our kids and so on..

Now a day there is enough information about the benefits of exercising and eating well, so at the end of the day, we are all responsible of what we do and we will have to face the results of our action at one point...
    It is not just about loosing body weight, it is about been healthy and feeling great !

Having saying so, it doesnt mean that we have to stop forever eating cakes,or pizza, it is just a matter of been more aware of what you eat and still give space for some pleasurable fatty food every now and again.

Sorry for being so passionate about this subject, but I just feel that it is a very important matter for all of us, and I am very happy that some of you decide to make such good changing into your life !!

Please post the photos of six pack please !! :-)

Night!

i am also hoping to do a slow weight loss program. in the past i have lost 4 or 5 Kg in 7-10 days after fattening up in america. this time i hope to lose 1-2kg per month over a year and hopefully keep the weight off.

Or... you can just catch the flu. My temperature dropped to normal overnight after 4 days of 38+ and I've lost over 1 kg. I'm now 61.2kg, after a good breakfast, which I don't like. The trick now is to put on weight through muscle mass, rather than belly fat. So, weight training and a tight diet from here. I've a set is dumbbells and a small bench in my study. I'll see if I can manage to sort it that way.

Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualta View Post
    Or... you can just catch the flu. My temperature dropped to normal overnight after 4 days of 38+ and I've lost over 1 kg. I'm now 61.2kg, after a good breakfast, which I don't like. The trick now is to put on weight through muscle mass, rather than belly fat. So, weight training and a tight diet from here. I've a set is dumbbells and a small bench in my study. I'll see if I can manage to sort it that way.
    Try with this, is like having personal trainer.....including recovering time and pace..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tDZR...I-UwA&index=64

some more explanation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfY_4m3RVRc
    i am sure everybody can find 10 minutes a day for the belly training...
    Last edited by Diabolik; 03-04-13 at 11:15 AM.

Here's a little trick I figured out for staying motivated on a diet:

Go into a supermarket or grocery store. Find the bags of rice. Usually they will have rice in 5kg bags.

Now, pick up as many of those suckers as you need to represent the weight you want to lose. I have about 15kg to go, so I lifted three of them.

THEY ARE ^&%!'n HEAVY.

Ask yourself, "Do I really want to be carrying the equivalent weight around in fat? And how much better would I feel if I got rid of it?"

Really puts stuff in perspective...
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    Here's a little trick I figured out for staying motivated on a diet:

Go into a supermarket or grocery store. Find the bags of rice. Usually they will have rice in 5kg bags.

Now, pick up as many of those suckers as you need to represent the weight you want to lose. I have about 15kg to go, so I lifted three of them.

THEY ARE ^&%!'n HEAVY.

Ask yourself, "Do I really want to be carrying the equivalent weight around in fat? And how much better would I feel if I got rid of it?"

Really puts stuff in perspective...
    Good trick !!
    Being lighter and agile, will make u feel 10 years younger and free in the daily moviments ..
    You , your wife and even your bike will be happier ! Isn't it worth doing it?!:-)

Got myself poisoned somehow (either the wife's cooking or the dead dog in the lake) and after squirting at both ends for a day, dropped 4kg over night :D

I like high-intensity interval training - variety, done quickly so it doesn't get boring or take hours. Can be done in front of TV too.

Besides aiding weight control, scientific studies have shown another benefit of exercise it slows down the aging of your cells, keeping your body younger for longer.

Very interesting article.
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/0...r-cells-young/

Default Re: Twinrider's Diet Challenge II

Pneumonia worked for me. Lost 6kg in 5 days!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Default Twinrider's Diet Challenge II

My most recent exercise program was simply extended brisk walks during the day and again in the evenings. And like TR mentioned, coupling that with managing food intake will guarantee results. Of course if you have it in you and are looking for extreme or more aggressive results, hitting the gym is key. This time around I intend to mix it up to compensate for bad weather days that prevent me from walking. Doing something is always better than nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rdkng103 View Post
    Of course if you have it in you and are looking for extreme or more aggressive results, hitting the gym is key.
    Not really. Aerobic exercise will make you more cardiovascularly fit and all other sorts of good things, but it doesn't really help you lose weight. That's because it makes you hungrier. You'll burn more calories when you exercise, but you tend to consume more calories, too, wiping out any weight-loss benefits from it.

Here's an article on this phenomenon: http://nymag.com/news/sports/38001/
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Not really. Aerobic exercise will make you more cardiovascularly fit and all other sorts of good things, but it doesn't really help you lose weight. That's because it makes you hungrier. You'll burn more calories when you exercise, but you tend to consume more calories, too, wiping out any weight-loss benefits from it.
    That's where willpower makes a critical difference. Exercise also boosts your metabolism for hours afterwards, burning more calories than you normally would. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/19/he...on/19best.html

I know from my own experience that I lose more weight dieting and exercising rather than just dieting. And low carb keeps my appetite in check so I don't really eat extra. In fact, I might even eat less.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    Exercise also boosts your metabolism for hours afterwards, burning more calories than you normally would. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/19/he...on/19best.html
    The previous article is factoring all that in and saying even though exercise gets you burning more calories, it also gets you eating more as well. Granted you can reject that tendency through awesome willpower, but why make things harder than they have to be?

The best thing about a keto (low-carb) diet for me is that it keeps me from feeling hungry, so it's easy to not eat, and hence to lose weight. Don't know if the keto effect of feeling less hungry can outweigh the exercise effect of feeling more hungry, but I guess it's possible.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Granted you can reject that tendency through awesome willpower, but why make things harder than they have to be?
    Exercise doesn't make it harder for me. In fact it makes me feel much better because it boosts serotonin levels. Always feel fantastic after working out.

But to each his own...

One advantage to some extra weight, at least in winter...

IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Yup, bummer that summer's coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    Exercise doesn't make it harder for me. In fact it makes me feel much better because it boosts serotonin levels. Always feel fantastic after working out.

But to each his own...
    Absolutely right TR, exercise simply makes you feel really, really good, even when it feels like it's going to kill you. People must look at me running after 15-20km and say to themselves, "Look at the state of him. Why does he do that to himself?", but little do they realise the high I'm on, how absolutely great I feel inside, even when I'm close to throwing up.

There's also the factor that exercise can be a great motivator for a diet change. It's like anything that you put hard work into; you hate to see it lost or diminished in any way. Also, the thing about exercising and dieting is, that you can still enjoy some of what you can't if you're just dieting with no exercise. I like my chocolate too much to pack it in completely, so if I exercise, I can have more chocolate!

And a final thing, about feeling hungry. There's a growing school of thought that letting yourself get hungry regularly is actually very good for you. A sated body is a body inclined to rest. It's a basic body thing. Why get all busy if the belly's full? However, if you're hungry, the mind and body kick into a defensive mode, fearing deterioration through continued hunger. The body becomes more efficient in energy use and perks up, and the mind becomes sharper and alert, gearing up for the task of finding food. I don't know if there's any truth in it, but it makes some sense.

I don't mind allowing myself to become hungry now and then. I do think it perks me up. What I do know is though, that when the initial pangs of hunger subside, I can go for quite a while without them returning. Just that little bit of willpower can go a long, long way.

Oh aye, and on another final thing, In my own experience this is not something that I could do for a while, then stop expecting the result achieved to continue. This requires a lifestyle change. Once that is understood and the commitment is made, is amazing how easy it can become to stick to it.

Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

Absolutely right TR, exercise simply makes you feel really, really good, even when it feels like it's going to kill you. People must look at me running after 15-20km and say to themselves, "Look at the state of him. Why does he do that to himself?", but little do they realise the high I'm on, how absolutely great I feel inside, even when I'm close to throwing up.

There's also the factor that exercise can be a great motivator for a diet change. It's like anything that you put hard work into; you hate to see it lost or diminished in any way. Also, the thing about exercising and dieting is, that you can still enjoy some of what you can't if you're just dieting with no exercise. I like my chocolate too much to pack it in completely, so if I exercise, I can have more chocolate!

And a final thing, about feeling hungry. There's a growing school of thought that letting yourself get hungry regularly is actually very good for you. A sated body is a body inclined to rest. It's a basic body thing. Why get all busy if the belly's full? However, if you're hungry, the mind and body kick into a defensive mode, fearing deterioration through continued hunger. The body becomes more efficient in energy use and perks up, and the mind becomes sharper and alert, gearing up for the task of finding food. I don't know if there's any truth in it, but it makes some sense.

I don't mind allowing myself to become hungry now and then. I do think it perks me up. What I do know is though, that when the initial pangs of hunger subside, I can go for quite a while without them returning. Just that little bit of willpower can go a long, long way.

Oh aye, and on another final thing, In my own experience this is not something that I could do for a while, then stop expecting the result achieved to continue. This requires a lifestyle change. Once that is understood and the commitment is made, is amazing how easy it can become to stick to it.
    Dualta, you have said it all...
    Yes a life changing is require and the good news is that the change will be in better!!

Yes regular exercise and awareness in what we eat and how we eat...in Yoga and Ayurveda ( traditional Indian medicine ) they say that when you finish your meal you should never feel full, rather still feel a little hungry..
    The fact is that sometimes we really eat to much,much more then what our body really need..
    There are several research done on the subject ...less food keeps people more healthy.
    So, quality and quantity !
    I read somebody posting that it is difficult when you travel-touring , to find healthy food...it is only a matter of organize yourself and make something at home to take with you..
    There are also on the market some good healthy snack , organic,raw, low calorie low carb and so on..
    The best site is defenetly www.iherb.com here you can find anything, and for each product will give you all details of what is inside ..you can search on low carbs,no carbs,low calories, no sugar and so on....
    The shipping is very quick and the things you get are quite cheap comparing of what you would pay in Japan for the same thing, and most of the time you cannot even find that stuff here..

Alright.. I just had some nice boiled broccoli,carrots and low fat cottage soya cheese and l feel great!!
    Good night!

lots of intelligent opinions here. i find it hard to argue with guy since he has been so successful at both losing weight and managing not to regain too much. however, i do think that exercise is a good thing. if nothing else it is healthy to get aerobically fit. in addition, muscle burns more calories than fat, so if you can increase your muscle mass while losing the fat, it becomes easier to keep it off. am i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    lots of intelligent opinions here. i find it hard to argue with guy since he has been so successful at both losing weight and managing not to regain too much. however, i do think that exercise is a good thing. if nothing else it is healthy to get aerobically fit. in addition, muscle burns more calories than fat, so if you can increase your muscle mass while losing the fat, it becomes easier to keep it off. am i wrong?
    I think you're right. Exercise is definitely good for you. And muscle does burn more calories than fat. But aerobic exercise is not the ticket to weight loss that people think it is. Do it because it makes you feel good and because it's good for your heart, etc., not primarily to lose weight.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja