Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twisty rindo ride to Sobarako campground June 1-2

Default Twisty rindo ride to Sobarako campground June 1-2

JV and I are putting together plans to ride the expressway to Nikko, then twisties and rindos up to Sobarako campground in Fukushima this Saturday, camp, then ride more Sunday on the way back down to Nikko before slabbing it back. If anyone wants to only ride tarmac, feel free to do your own ride and meet us at the campground or possibly join JamesK who will be doing tarmac twisties the whole way and meeting us at the campground. http://soharako.qee.jp/

The plan is still in the works so will post up more details later.

A few pages of Mapple 3 to illustrate the roads/rindos between Nikko and Sobarako.

Wow, that sounds like it will be a fantastic ride. I am taking my daughter to her friend's birthday party on Sunday or I'd be all over it. Jealous...

Take lots of photos/video for us poor saps who have to sit it out!

Also, glad to hear JamesK is back in action.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Looks like it could be fun...keen to hear "the plan" ...

Very small chance I could get a pink pass for a Saturday night campout IF I am back in time for the Sunday birthday party. In other words, no Sunday touring for me.

Not getting my hopes up, but will try and see...
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by englishrob View Post
    Looks like it could be fun...keen to hear "the plan" ...

The plan's pretty much been posted. Just have to decide the meeting time and place.

Hope you can make it Guy, JV and I have been saving up lots of crude and rude campfire jokes just for this occasion!

I don't get back from my trip until the 5th or I'd be in this one. Had a blast the last time we went there.

Default Twisty rindo ride to Sobarako campground June 1-2

I'll be in that (very) general area on Sunday, going up with a group from Kusaki Dam, through Ashio, Nikko, then on to the Nasu-Shiobara area and then heading back. Give me a yell if you spot me. I'll be the hulking gaijin on a red NC700X, surrounded by 10~15 Japanese guys. Wish the dates didn't clash or I'd try to make this ride with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    The plan's pretty much been posted. Just have to decide the meeting time and place.

Hope you can make it Guy, JV and I have been saving up lots of crude and rude campfire jokes just for this occasion!
    Neat....am up for this ...will prepare a number of totally inappropriate and politically incorrect jokes in advance....

JV and I have been saving up lots of crude and rude campfire jokes just for this occasion!
    Quote Originally Posted by englishrob View Post
    Neat....am up for this ...will prepare a number of totally inappropriate and politically incorrect jokes in advance....
    Was thinking maybe I could take my daughter in the Delica, but I guess that would be a bad idea, considering.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    Was thinking maybe I could take my daughter in the Delica, but I guess that would be a bad idea, considering.
    Yep, definitely not a family-friendly campout.

But it will be advrider friendly.

thinking to join with JamesK ..no rindos for a Sir. Diavel;-)

How is the sleeping situation ?..
    Thanks
    Diabolik

Jim, do you know if we need to make bookings and what's the phone number of the place?
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
    Jim, do you know if we need to make bookings and what's the phone number of the place?
    First post has the campsite URL that contains the contact info. Bookings are only necessary if you want to be sure you have a cabin reserved. I doubt the demand will be that high this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    thinking to join with JamesK ..no rindos for a Sir. Diavel;-)

How is the sleeping situation ?..
    Thanks
    Diabolik
    Check the URL. You can either bring a tent or reserve a cabin. They have solo cabins that are about 2,500 yen, bigger ones are more expensive. They also have rental bedding sets or you can bring your own stuff.

There is a large Itoyokodo supermarket in Inawashiro that's handy for buying food and beverages before heading to the campsite. We will rent a bbq set up there and grill but feel free to bring your own cooking equipment if you want.

Check the URL. You can either bring a tent or reserve a cabin. They have solo cabins that are about 2,500 yen, bigger ones are more expensive. They also have rental bedding sets or you can bring your own stuff.

There is a large Itoyokodo supermarket in Inawashiro that's handy for buying food and beverages before heading to the campsite. We will rent a bbq set up there and grill but feel free to bring your own cooking equipment if you want.
    Sounds good to me,
    L will check tomorrow about the cabin..
    Thanks
    Diabolik

Looks good!
    I wonder what the total distance would be on those rindos? How much of it will be on gravel?

Quote Originally Posted by Japanviking View Post
    Looks good!
    I wonder what the total distance would be on those rindos? How much of it will be on gravel?
    They are pretty long. No idea what they're like, never ridden them. But the text doesn't have any warnings. Here are links to bigger pics of the maps to get a closer look at the rindos.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7301/8...c1eb4442_k.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3683/8...41abd640_k.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7416/8...37a4abf0_k.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7301/8...c1eb4442_k.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7428/8...94b828e4_k.jpg
    Last edited by Twinrider; 29-05-13 at 03:15 PM.

i booked the cabin !! 3300¥ that includes entrance fee 500¥ room 2000¥ and 800¥ of pillow-Futon up and down...Great deal !!
    Ok JamesK I will follow (try to ) you !
    Where do we meet up on Sat morning?
    Looking forward !!

Some of us are meeting up at Hasuda SA @ 5AM, want to maximize the available time to ride all the cool twisties in the area.

http://goo.gl/maps/zO50v
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

They are pretty long. No idea what they're like, never ridden them. But the text doesn't have any warnings. Here are links to bigger pics of the maps to get a closer look at the rindos.
    What kind of tires are you going to run for this ride? Seems like a lot of slab and pavement, but also a lot of gravel/dirt...
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja