Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Twisty rindo ride to Sobarako campground June 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    look like nice rindos for big bikes. i think we stayed in the cabins at that place you had lunch. was that an onsen with cottages, bungalows, cabins, camping, etc?
    On the Haildamage Rindo Rating System, I would say these were a mix of Class 1 and Class 2.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Was a great ride , for me it was the 1st time on a "rindo" and the first time off Tarmac on the GS....in hindsight not too smart considering I had not fitted crash bars .....luckily did not find out the hard way but it did cross my mind on occasions ..... I don,t have the experience of rindo,s here but reckon a good 450 crf etc would have been perfect ....the GS handled it pretty well but at times I was wrestling with it ......

Quickly discovered that more speed and staying standing up made it tons easier...although it was a bit loose it worked......... Plus I got to spin it up and make some cool marks...

Also my 1st time up that way and was super impressed by the scenery , twisties , and lack of traffic .....truly awesome.

Big thanks to Jim , Justin and Andreas for sorting out the trails and twisty routes

Pics to follow ......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calm before the storm.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	9425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	group.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	9426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jim (aka Shart).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	9427Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JV chewing.jpg 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	9428Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woods.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	9435

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	justin ready to go 1.jpg 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	9430Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my dirty gs.jpg 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	9431Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jv2.jpg 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	9432Click image for larger version. 

Name:	where is rob.JPG 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	9434Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jim saving fuel.jpg 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	9429
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jim flying by.jpg   photo.JPG  
    Last edited by englishrob; 04-06-13 at 05:20 PM.

I would like to say thatnk you to all of you guys for the terrific time we had Saturday on the road and at the camping!!
    a particular thanks to Charif and mevan123 and JamesK who have lead the Saturday touring in a very " professional" way.
    The pace was very nice, not to slow and not to fast, we had good stretches 230..... on highways and so many twisties ,sometime challenging.
    We saw it all... We had deers on the road as well as speed Police check ( the Police man hiding in the bushes):-).
    We saw a car accident against a truck at the beginning of the trip,and we had a guy on a Harley Sportster that on the twisties was driving as if he was on a Panigale....knee down all the time he pass us all!!
    We saw the vulcano area at Azuma Bandai and the beautifull greens of the hills at Nikko,spectacular !!
    Arrived at the camp we had shower and two of us went (privately..) at the onsen ..we had the shorter Yoga class I ever taught ,somebody was complain of pains..;-)

Then it was time to make fire for the grilling and JamesK prepared a fantastic fire!! Then it was time for stories and asshole songs..( I never heard so many farts at a camping and I never though a man could say so many "Fuck" in a sentence..:-)
    The food looks very good and the bottle of Vodka was finished by one of the member...guess who?!
    The night was very cold but quite...I slept pretty well..
    Woke up around 5:00.. Had coffe with Guy and wrktoride and ridetowrk and a fantastic time seating by the lake as the sun was rising...
    Slowly slowly people were waking up...accept JamesK who need a human alarm ,me..:-)

At 8:00 I took Diavel and drove back by myself towards Tokyo.. On the highway very few cars.. The speed was rising up and up and up smoothly.. , the sound of Termignoni was resonating on every tunnel as symphony of Beethoven ...140..170...200..and.....at 11:11 I was at home..

Thanks again to All of you for give me the chance to have such great weekend and to have one of the best touring l had so far since I live in Japan !!
    Ciao!
    Diabolik

Thanks buddy! Was a great ride. Thanks for staying with us across the beautiful roads! Was great to see you enjoying the sights. Diavel sounded bodacious ripping through the tunnels & inaka villages. Apologies on lunch. Next time we'll plan that bit better. We got back in TK on Saturday evening at 10pm. About 850kms total for a healthy stretch. Fun times again with James. Was really nice to see him so happy back on 2 wheels! Definitely, let's do it again soon :)

Thanks!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    I would like to say thatnk you to all of you guys for the terrific time we had Saturday on the road and at the camping!!
    a particular thanks to Charif and mevan123 and JamesK who have lead the Saturday touring in a very " professional" way.
    The pace was very nice, not to slow and not to fast, we had good stretches 230..... on highways and so many twisties ,sometime challenging.
    We saw it all... We had deers on the road as well as speed Police check ( the Police man hiding in the bushes):-).
    We saw a car accident against a truck at the beginning of the trip,and we had a guy on a Harley Sportster that on the twisties was driving as if he was on a Panigale....knee down all the time he pass us all!!
    We saw the vulcano area at Azuma Bandai and the beautifull greens of the hills at Nikko,spectacular !!
    Arrived at the camp we had shower and two of us went (privately..) at the onsen ..we had the shorter Yoga class I ever taught ,somebody was complain of pains..;-)

Then it was time to make fire for the grilling and JamesK prepared a fantastic fire!! Then it was time for stories and asshole songs..( I never heard so many farts at a camping and I never though a man could say so many "Fuck" in a sentence..:-)
    The food looks very good and the bottle of Vodka was finished by one of the member...guess who?!
    The night was very cold but quite...I slept pretty well..
    Woke up around 5:00.. Had coffe with Guy and wrktoride and ridetowrk and a fantastic time seating by the lake as the sun was rising...
    Slowly slowly people were waking up...accept JamesK who need a human alarm ,me..:-)

At 8:00 I took Diavel and drove back by myself towards Tokyo.. On the highway very few cars.. The speed was rising up and up and up smoothly.. , the sound of Termignoni was resonating on every tunnel as symphony of Beethoven ...140..170...200..and.....at 11:11 I was at home..

Thanks again to All of you for give me the chance to have such great weekend and to have one of the best touring l had so far since I live in Japan !!
    Ciao!
    Diabolik

Great ride that day. Gorgeous weather, no speed tickets, no accidents, lots of twisties and nice scenery. 880km total. Thanks everyone. Let's do it again
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

Bump! Let's do this again ;-)