Thread: 2011 street glide help

Default 2011 street glide help

So I just arrived in sasebo. Need to find someone to handle everything. Can rent a truck and drive it anywhere. I have the brake cert. but I know the emissions is a tricky item. I have the money to get it done just looking for help. Thanks a bunch

I just posted in the New Member Thread but here it is again (disregard the brake cert remark):

Welcome to Japan and the Forum. I have a few bike contacts in Sasebo who I will pulse to see if they can assist you in finding where you need to take the bike for emissions testing. I believe it's in Nagasaki but I'm not 100% sure.

For the emissions you need to ensure your bike is completely stock with regards to engine, intake and exhaust. This still will not guarantee it to pass but will greatly increase your chances. If you could find a HD shop down there that will fit a Japanese spec ECU and exhaust it will almost guarantee your bike will pass without issue. As for final registration, lighting can also be problematic if you are running exotic HID's or LED's that were not purchased here in Japan. Stock is always best. Being associated with the military gets you some passes regarding running lights, shift pattern decal and the speedometer dial readout (miles vs. Km's). Short of making some minor changes to the bike for the sake of passing the "one time" emission test, there is nothing that you will be required to do that would need to be undone to take the bike back to CONUS when you leave.

And if you haven't already done so, you will need to request a Certificate of Brake Compliance from Harley USA. I will get you the contact info for that as well.

Thanks for the help. I can rent a truck and hall the bike wherever it needs to go. I just want to make this painless and find someone that can do everything cause I'm illiterate. Lol. I really appreciate the response.

I know you've been talking to at least one person we both know (Keith E.). I called him yesterday and he told me what's involved to get the testing done down there. May be worth your effort to bring it up here. Ask Keith for my phone number. Give me a call and we can discuss.

Ok thanks bro. He is checking on someone knows that has a shop in Fuk. So hopefully tomorrow ill get some good news. If not then I'm defiantly doing a road trip with a truck. :) thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Ok thanks bro. He is checking on someone knows that has a shop in Fuk.
    Is that near here?