Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offroad bike tire changer

I've taken the plunge and ordered a TMT2 Pro tire changing system from Kauritmoto. Last week I used the BajaNoPinch tool JamesK has and was impressed with how easily a stiff enduro tire can be installed. The TMT2 pro set includes a tool similar to the BajaNoPinch tool and also a wheel stand and 4 self locking tire bead pusher tools. I'll give an update after it arrives and I've had chance to use it. Will be using it to change tires fitted with the Tubliss system. I also looked at the TMT3, but don't think it would work as well as the TMT2 with Tubliss.

Must be because I'm a racer and I can't take the stuff with me to race meetings that I think all this fancy stuff is just a waste of money. I just use the new tyre as a base, stand on it to break the bead, splash on some washing up liquid, 3 spoons off and 2 to put the new one on all in about 10 minutes. Chuck the old tyre away in a local building site skip, don't worry I always ask!
    It's only since I started riding a 4 stroke that I even bought a torque wrench and that's only for motor internals, never once with a 2 stroke and never had a problem in over 20 years. IMO most pro mechanics who I know say their hand is their torque wrench!

Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    I've taken the plunge and ordered a TMT2 Pro tire changing system from Kauritmoto.
    Very nice.

Mark, that's a cool looking jig, can't wait to see it in action.

I'm just wondering how easy it would be to make up an arm (just one would be enough I think if the wheel can rotate freely) that they attach to this tool? I figure if there was a bolt welded to the bottom lip or a loop if using one of the TMT pusher arms of our manual wheel rim for this kind of attachment to bolt onto it would work?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TMT2 Arm.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	11256
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

Default Offroad bike tire changer

Quote Originally Posted by Luke San View Post
    Must be because I'm a racer and I can't take the stuff with me to race meetings that I think all this fancy stuff is just a waste of money.
    Yep, I can change tires trail side, with only 2 tire levers no problems. It's a damn sight easier with a wheel stand though. For a couple of years I've been using a modified 14" steel car wheel clamped to my bench. It works well at holding the wheel at a good height, easing back strain. When using Tubliss you'll find front tire changes aren't easy (the high pressure tube stops the tire moving down into the center of the rim. I've been using 3 Motion Pro Bead buddies, which helps a lot. But the TMT2 system looks so much easier. Also, don't forget that most enduro tires are a lot stiffer than MX tires and therefore harder work to fit. Any way, I will soon find out first hand whether it's worth the cost...
    Last edited by Markw; 20-02-15 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
    I'm just wondering how easy it would be to make up an arm (just one would be enough I think if the wheel can rotate freely) that they attach to this tool? I figure if there was a bolt welded to the bottom lip or a loop if using one of the TMT pusher arms of our manual wheel rim for this kind of attachment to bolt onto it would work?
    Yes, it would be pretty easy to mod the tool you have. I could weld on a bracket for you. We can discuss offline further...

The Baja no-pinch is a copy of the Kaurit tool, so you're getting the original.
    KTM 690 E; DoD#1458

Default Offroad bike tire changer

One thing to note is that the Kauritmoto tire changers are made to order (well my one is anyway). Therefore you'll need to add a week, or two lead time before your order ships....

Another one (that is designed for mousses, but can be used with tubes) is the Rabaconda. What's nice about it is how it is portable.

http://rabaconda.com/product/3-minute-mousse-changer/

KTM 690 E; DoD#1458

Quote Originally Posted by gkanai View Post
    Another one (that is designed for mousses, but can be used with tubes) is the Rabaconda. What's nice about it is how it is portable.

http://rabaconda.com/product/3-minute-mousse-changer/
    It looks similar to other mousse tire changers, but can be broken down easily. Handy for an endure racer who needs to change tires during multi day races. However, it doesn't integrate the multiple pushers (TMT2 has 4) and tire fitting tool (TMT) which I think will make changing Tubliss fitted tires a breeze...

The TMT 3 has a foot operated clamp. Pretty neat I thought.

----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

Quote Originally Posted by rider2371 View Post
    The TMT 3 has a foot operated clamp. Pretty neat I thought.
    It's handy for regular tubed tire changes, or mousse, but really doesn't add a lot of value for Tubliss tire changes as you can't push the tire down off the rim...