Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 BMW S1000RR ( Beast)

Default 2012 BMW S1000RR ( Beast)

I finally sold the repsol honda ( will be missed ) and upgraded to the 2012 S1000RR. I love this bike. It handles like a charm. I haven't ridden much sport bikes but I think if you ride a BMW S1000RR, the first twist of the throttle will make you wet your pants. for those who havent rode one yet. Please go to the nearest motorrad dealer and try it out!!

Mods : Techmount bellypan cover ,Full power plug connector (193bhp with slick mode available), Heated Grips ,Dark Smoke tinted screen, Shogun framesliders (must have!!!!) Fender Eliminator

Future mods: Akrapovic full system, shorty levers rear sets and still thinking....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BMWS1000RR.jpg   beemer s1000.jpg  

How easy is the full power mod? I was looking at this bike but was worried i would be stuck with Jp specs.

Congrats on the bike , should be great out in the twisties ...

This bike comes with all the power but the JP spec doesn't have access to slick mode without the slick/coding plug installed and even when it's installed there is a slight disadvantage for street riding. In other words to access 'slick mode(beast mode) ' you will have to disconnect the brake and rear indicator turn signals thus being unable to ride on the streets but with the full power connector you can have access to 'slick mode' while keeping your lights intact. So the connector is just kinda like a jumper cable.

But even without the jumper cable the bike is still a monster with its rain, sport and race mode but if you're going to the tracks then the slick plug (easy get from the dealer) and the full power connector which is about 15,000 yen is definitely worth it.

@englishrob thanks, I'm going to do a little twistie ride before the winter and see it's is like. I've felt its real power on the highway the other night :) and its scary shit but fun. Not that I'm a careIess rider but I had to lol

Good for you , , good to hear you have been opening it up , happy to meet up for a twistie ride .... U may have to wait for me though ......only have a triumph 675 ....lol

Actually the Triumph would eat me in the mountains , the BMW`s power is mostly top end so I would be right there with ya and you might even have an advantage. I would love to do some twities man, anytime;) by the way, where are you located exactly? Do you ever meet up at bike nights?

Wow, I just saw this bike and it looks nice. Congratulations! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxneAvv2D4A

Nice bike!
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Thanks mates. It's a really awesome bike indeed.

Nice bike! Nice review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "He who conquers himself, conquers all"

Congrats. Liked it a lot!

Look what came in the mail (Yoshimura R-77 Full system). I broke the piggy and now I`ll be broke for a year but what the heck lol. Now its time to cut open that German beast. I am going to fit this myself. then head over to Apexmoto to get it dynoed. Wish me luck!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yoshimura R-77.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gong View Post
    Look what came in the mail (Yoshimura R-77 Full system). I broke the piggy and now I`ll be broke for a year but what the heck lol. Now its time to cut open that German beast. I am going to fit this myself. then head over to Apexmoto to get it dynoed. Wish me luck!!
    Woow nice purchase!
    Looking forward hearing your S1000RR with that!
    I am thinking to change too the muffler on my CBR but not the whole system... Waiting my piggy weight to increase

hehehe sure alban, my neigherbours won`t sleep now lol. There are tons of exhaust systems for your bike new/used.

It took me 2 days with a little help from a friend but I was successful. i had a few hiccups here and there especially with the bloody radiator bracket!. 10 months before the shaken. I shall enjoy hahahaha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails changing oil.jpg   almost done.jpg   s1000rr fin.jpg   s1000rr late night.34.jpg   Yoshimura .jpg   The package.jpg  

The pipe looks wicked! Nice work.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I look forward to hearing it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "He who conquers himself, conquers all"

That bike looks mean. Very nice.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Very nice. Yoshimura was late in coming out with one for the S10, otherwise I would have put one on. They sound great.