Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 BMW S1000RR ( Beast)

Nice looking pipe.
    Not that I ever thought the bike needed any more noise or power for riding on the street :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Japanviking View Post
    Not that I ever thought the bike needed any more noise or power for riding on the street :-)
    You don't need that bike for riding on the street, period.

But since when has it been about what you need?
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    You don't need that bike for riding on the street, period.

But since when has it been about what you need?
    Plus 1,000

And louder aftermarket mufflers improve your odds of survival when riding through city traffic and lane-splitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    And louder aftermarket mufflers improve your odds of survival when riding through city traffic and lane-splitting.
    I see it's time for this debate again. My stance on "loud pipes" is that if you really need whatever edge you believe they give you in order to feel safe out there, you're doing it wrong. I ride through city traffic daily on my GS with the super-quiet stock exhaust. Have for years. I've lane-split though hellacious traffic jams of 20km or more on the expressways, at speed. Never had any problems (knock wood), and never felt like I needed to barrage all the drivers around me with excessive noise to stay out of trouble. Safe riding doesn't rely on other drivers staying out of your way.

In addition (and I could never prove this with data), I strongly suspect that whatever benefits you get from loud pipes alerting drivers around you are outweighed by the fact that you're pissing them off with your noise and making them more aggressive toward you.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

I see it's time for this debate again.
    The debate is only in your mind. Do what you like.

The debate is only in your mind. Do what you like.
    Silly me, trying to discuss things on a web forum.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Silly me, trying to discuss things on a web forum.
    Silly me, thinking someone's thread about their new aftermarket pipe is not the place to debate aftermarket pipes.

Default Re: 2012 BMW S1000RR ( Beast)

Silly me, thinking someone's thread about their new aftermarket pipe is not the place to debate aftermarket pipes.
    You actually have a fair point there about staying on topic. Although I wasn't arguing against aftermarket pipes all together; just their supposed safety benefits, which was a topic introduced by you, not me.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Great bike, gratis exhaust!!!

Thanks fellas! The sound is pure bliss. Now my damn HID lights dont work well. It comes on when it feels like. I think the igniter is messed up. HID's are a pain !

Really nice looking!
    Good job man

Default 2012 BMW S1000RR ( Beast)

Lookin' cool. Just don't rev the engine in my neighborhood at night :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaha! Yes sir!

Nice looking system Gong! Must sound like a banshee howling through the tunnels!

Oh yea you bet:)

Quote Originally Posted by mevan123 View Post
    Nice looking system Gong! Must sound like a banshee howling through the tunnels!

When they hear me blipping the Yoshi from way up the street, they make way like Moses parting the red sea.

Plus 1,000

Put it this way, they`ll never fall asleep in their Prius(Hybrid toy cars) when they here me coming

I see it's time for this debate again. My stance on "loud pipes" is that if you really need whatever edge you believe they give you in order to feel safe out there, you're doing it wrong. I ride through city traffic daily on my GS with the super-quiet stock exhaust. Have for years. I've lane-split though hellacious traffic jams of 20km or more on the expressways, at speed. Never had any problems (knock wood), and never felt like I needed to barrage all the drivers around me with excessive noise to stay out of trouble. Safe riding doesn't rely on other drivers staying out of your way.

In addition (and I could never prove this with data), I strongly suspect that whatever benefits you get from loud pipes alerting drivers around you are outweighed by the fact that you're pissing them off with your noise and making them more aggressive toward you.

Bought a new toyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	New toy.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	11542 .

Took it home from the dealer last week. Barely had time to ride because of rain....Got off work last night , the weather was good. So I went home thinking about going for a night ride. Sat on the bike and rode down the street. She felt kinda stiff. I was wondering if its this new DDC feature acting up and but no errors showed up on the dash. I got off at the local 7/11 ( 200m away) for an energy drink, checked the starring damper and made a few clicks. Rode back home ( forgot in put in the ETC card) but on the way it felt even worse. I got off at my parking lot, made another check...Looked down at the front wheel ...PUNCTURED!! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hole.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	11543.
    After clearly thinking it though I can only guess that it was done by someone. I tripple checked my parking lot thoroughly but found no nail , screw whatsoever yo.

I`ve had punctures before but usually you`d still see a screw , nail etc stuck in the tire right!?

Your right usually you do but NOT always. I doubt it was a person only because you would have seen it flat or low air when you left the convience store.
    Sucks for the puncture but at least it's in a spot you can repair.
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by gong View Post
    After clearly thinking it though I can only guess that it was done by someone. I tripple checked my parking lot thoroughly but found no nail , screw whatsoever yo.

I`ve had punctures before but usually you`d still see a screw , nail etc stuck in the tire right!?
    Not always. If it was a small nail, it could have been flung out by some force on the tire, or the nail might have been embedded into the asphalt so that it nailed your tire but was not left in the tire.
    KTM 690 E; DoD#1458