Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: NOS XR750 for sale in Zushi

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    316

    Default NOS XR750 for sale in Zushi

    Haven't posted in a while but still lurk now and then.

    This might be a local deal: restore it to showroom then sell to someone in the US.

    http://www.hdforums.com/articles/tim...on-xr750-ebay/

    Hope everyone rides safe!

    Tom
    2008 DL650A
    2006 D-Tracker

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    How the hell you doing Tom? How's the riding in Texas? Quite a few Tenere owners from there, seems like Colorado is a pretty popular destination.


    Nice find on the XR. Wonder why he doesn't try to sell it here, you'd think it would be worth more.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kyoto
    Posts
    2,926

    Default NOS XR750 for sale in Zushi

    Now that's nice IMHO the only hardly worth owning.
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    Now that's nice IMHO the only hardly worth owning.
    Hardly, as in most haters can't hardly afford one...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kyoto
    Posts
    2,926

    Default NOS XR750 for sale in Zushi

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    Hardly, as in most haters can't hardly afford one...
    Te you can't say my opinion is not true as is my opinion NOT yours.
    Further I've owned a few Harley's in my life so back off... My personal opinion of THAT machine still stands
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    Te you can't say my opinion is not true as is my opinion NOT yours.



    I'm of the opinion that the rules of the forum should be followed, which you clearly haven't:

    Threads to razz on Harley will be deleted. Repeat offenders will have their
    account canceled. This forum is for discussion and information, not for
    razzing on Harley's and cruisers.
    Admin
    http://www.gaijinriders.com/showthre...y-Bashing-Here

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    tokyo
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    Te you can't say my opinion is not true as is my opinion NOT yours.
    Further I've owned a few Harley's in my life so back off... My personal opinion of THAT machine still stands
    " I think what we have here is a failure to communicate"..... ....amazing how a typo on Harley to Hardly can fire up the messaging .... , still makes a dull day a little more interesting ....
    Last edited by englishrob; 16-10-13 at 04:45 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kyoto
    Posts
    2,926

    Default NOS XR750 for sale in Zushi

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    I'm of the opinion that the rules of the forum should be followed, which you clearly haven't:


    http://www.gaijinriders.com/showthre...y-Bashing-Here

    First of all I didn't drag on the bike a simple typo.
    Second this is not a thread razzing Harley's. I made a comment with a simple typo.
    Third I've owned my share of Harley's and if i want to bash then i have that right.
    you want to ban me for that then fine but that STUPID rule should apply to ALL bikes
    Finally to follow my second point that thread says exactly the following
    "Threads to razz on Harley will be deleted. Repeat offenders will have their
    account canceled. This forum is for discussion and information, not for
    razzing on Harley's and cruisers."
    And I made a typo and clearly stated IMHO the only Harley worth owning.
    Which is clearly not bashing,
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    First of all I didn't drag on the bike a simple typo.
    Second this is not a thread razzing Harley's. I made a comment with a simple typo.
    Third I've owned my share of Harley's and if i want to bash then i have that right.
    you want to ban me for that then fine but that STUPID rule should apply to ALL bikes
    Finally to follow my second point that thread says exactly the following
    "Threads to razz on Harley will be deleted. Repeat offenders will have their
    account canceled. This forum is for discussion and information, not for
    razzing on Harley's and cruisers."
    And I made a typo and clearly stated IMHO the only Harley worth owning.
    Which is clearly not bashing,
    I've got my doubts... But given that I've yet to see you write a single sentence without making a mistake, I don't think even Perry Mason could beat your typo alibi.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kyoto
    Posts
    2,926

    Default NOS XR750 for sale in Zushi

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    I've got my doubts... But given that I've yet to see you write a single sentence without making a mistake, I don't think even Perry Mason could beat your typo alibi.
    Your allowed your opinion as I am also.
    We should just agree to disagree . As I believe we never will.
    Furthermore it's easy to judge from a distance isn't it.
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    Your allowed your opinion as I am also.
    We should just agree to disagree . As I believe we never will.
    Furthermore it's easy to judge from a distance isn't it.
    I would like to agree to disagree but I'm still doubting your sincerity regarding the typo alibi.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Shiga, Japan
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Autocorrect strikes again!

    I'd rather walk than ride a Harley but I would ride a Buell. Although I wouldn't ride a CB400, I might ride a GS.

    I think we should have the same razzing rule about KTMs too...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    tokyo
    Posts
    644

    Default

    [QUOTE=racer162;
    We should just agree to disagree . As I believe we never will.[/QUOTE]

    I was almost following this discussion but need some help here ...... Does this mean you will never agree to disagree or does it mean you will never disagree and will always agree , I also wonder if its possible to disagree that you disagree , ......interesting stuff...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikuza View Post

    I think we should have the same razzing rule about KTMs too...
    The difference is, Harley slamming is based on 30 year old stereotypes. But KTM razzing is based on current truths. Speaking of which, has anyone found a radiator for Noah?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by englishrob View Post
    I was almost following this discussion but need some help here ...... Does this mean you will never agree to disagree or does it mean you will never disagree and will always agree , I also wonder if its possible to disagree that you disagree , ......interesting stuff...
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    Speaking of which, has anyone found a radiator for Noah?
    Searched online but found none...
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    Nice find on the XR.
    I don't have the slightest idea what it would feel like riding that bike.

    Or is it a collector's item that doesn't usually get ridden?
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rider2371 View Post
    I don't have the slightest idea what it would feel like riding that bike.

    Or is it a collector's item that doesn't usually get ridden?
    It's a flat track race bike.


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Shiga, Japan
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    The difference is, Harley slamming is based on 30 year old stereotypes. But KTM razzing is based on current truths. Speaking of which, has anyone found a radiator for Noah?
    Really? Last time I was on the highway in a long weekend, I was amazed to note that every 20 or 30 km was a bike or two parked on the shoulder, with riders on phones or up to elbows in the bike with tools in hands.

    All Harleys. No KTMs.

    QED

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikuza View Post
    Really? Last time I was on the highway in a long weekend, I was amazed to note that every 20 or 30 km was a bike or two parked on the shoulder, with riders on phones or up to elbows in the bike with tools in hands.

    All Harleys. No KTMs.

    QED
    Your amazement might have been considerably less had you realized that they were Shovelheads and Panheads. Old Harleys are hugely popular here...























    PS, the KTMs didn't make as far as the highway....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •