Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum expansion with English, interactive, version of Mapple touring guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    I never go out touring without at least 2 books, it's pretty easy to ride off the page!
    Good point. Especially if one JK is tagging along
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    I never go out touring without at least 2 books, it's pretty easy to ride off the page!
    That's why I use the R versions. Bigger pages.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

I'm a web developer. Also interested in compiling some of the useful info on this site. Like the camping grounds especially. One of the systems I build ( https://www.jamroom.net/ ) is for building communities.

It might work well for this type of setup if I could find a way to link up the user login to vBuletin.

Maybe put it on a subdomain if there is interest (or lower url).

resources.gaijinriders.com OR
    gaijinriders.com/resources/

Next year the wife and I want to go slowly wandering for a few months so that kind of info could be real useful.

Don't think it would generate any revenue though.

Why not simply create a "qualified" Members Only Library of Garmin Route Files? This way people can simply download the route for the area of interest and go, no messing around with maps required.
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
    Why not simply create a "qualified" Members Only Library of Garmin Route Files? This way people can simply download the route for the area of interest and go, no messing around with maps required.
    Or a TAG feature, not sure if that exists in vBulletin so posts like ( http://www.gaijinriders.com/showthre...SA#post_143325 ) with links to Camp grounds can be found in one place.

If that post was tagged 'Camp Ground' then there was way to click that tag and have all posts brought up in a list, it would be useful.

(I've got that one bookmarked in my browser.)

Maybe tags for 'Garmin Route Files' and 'Precious roads' could be useful.