Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GR's favorite roads

Default Re: GR's favorite roads

Quote Originally Posted by rider2371 View Post
    What page and grid reference on Mapple is it on?
    Don't forget the prefecture and city.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Bit of advice, Never create a forum account and screen name after drinking heavily and imagining stupid shit you would like to do before you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    Don't forget the prefecture and city.
    Ah, so you see the virtue of my suggestion then?

The regional Rt299 (yellow, Chubu P20.L5) is north of Hamamatsu city in Shizuoka prefecture. The Maple reference, while recommended, should be optional since not everyone has access to every Mapple.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    Ryujin Skyline: http://goo.gl/maps/siu8y
    I just did this on a bike with a bad steering head bearing that shook like the dickens on every sweeper with uneven pavement and it was still tons of fun.

By the way, this is route 371 and it's name is Koya-Ryujin Skyline. Both Ryujin and Koya are resort areas, and the massive numbers of bikes told me I was on the right road. Koya is a great little traditional town with some intersting temples and shrines. A bit of a tourist trap, so hit it before 10.

I stayed at a little Minsyuku in Ryujin for 4000 yen a night without meals. No restaurants close to eat at, so pack your own, or just pay the extra 4000 yen or so for the traditional dinner and breakfast. Name of the place is 民宿龍神 and the phone number is 0739-79-0020.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Twister View Post
    Ah, so you see the virtue of my suggestion then?

The regional Rt299 (yellow, Chubu P20.L5) is north of Hamamatsu city in Shizuoka prefecture. The Maple reference, while recommended, should be optional since not everyone has access to every Mapple.
    In this same area, I also recommend route 362 which runs from Shizuoka dowtown to Lake Hamana, completely bypassing Hamamatsu. Great fun almost the whole length.