Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Motonomad- 7000km Adventure ride on KTM 500 EXCs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    1,592

    Default Motonomad- 7000km Adventure ride on KTM 500 EXCs

    A short movie is due to be released this year which covers the two KTM 500 EXC riders 7000km adventure ride. The trailer looks great. Can't wait to watch the full movie:
    http://www.advpulse.com/adv-videos/a...-ktm-500-excs/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kyoto
    Posts
    4,183

    Default

    very interesting, i want to know what maintenance schedule they followed on that trip?!?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sasazuka, Tokyo
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    very interesting, i want to know what maintenance schedule they followed on that trip?!?
    They started every day on factory fresh bikes supplied by KTM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    A short movie is due to be released this year which covers the two KTM 500 EXC riders 7000km adventure ride. The trailer looks great. Can't wait to watch the full movie:
    http://www.advpulse.com/adv-videos/a...-ktm-500-excs/
    I though I saw that trailer somewhere

    http://www.gaijinriders.com/showthre...venture-videos
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rider2371 View Post
    Didn't see your original post. Will check out the other videos in your thread tonight. Good stuff...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    6,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Japanviking View Post
    They started every day on factory fresh bikes supplied by KTM.
    Hey JV quit stealing my lines
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

    FJR1300A



    "Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    6,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    A short movie is due to be released this year which covers the two KTM 500 EXC riders 7000km adventure ride. The trailer looks great. Can't wait to watch the full movie:
    http://www.advpulse.com/adv-videos/a...-ktm-500-excs/
    Pretty awesome trailer, looking forward to the full movie.
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

    FJR1300A



    "Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Movie still hasn't been released yet as far as I know, but there's a new raw footage Gopro clip:

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Motonomad Teaser #2 was posted today on Youtube. It shows how they filmed a wheelie scene using a quadcopter mounted camera. Still no mention when the movie will be released. Hopefully soon...


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Need that for the Djebel!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Looks like the movie is going to be released soon. They updated their Facebook page the end of last week with this:


    "Motology Films. 6/13. What if we told you Motonomad will be available to the world in 1080HD ... in less than four weeks? Official launch date will be revealed next week"

    So probably early/mid July release. Hopefully you'll just be able to stream it. Need to stock up the fridge with beer in preparation

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    Looks like the movie is going to be released soon. They updated their Facebook page the end of last week with this:


    "Motology Films. 6/13. What if we told you Motonomad will be available to the world in 1080HD ... in less than four weeks? Official launch date will be revealed next week"

    So probably early/mid July release. Hopefully you'll just be able to stream it. Need to stock up the fridge with beer in preparation
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll be playing a major theaters. Would be awesome to see it on the big screen!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    6,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    Looks like the movie is going to be released soon. They updated their Facebook page the end of last week with this:


    "Motology Films. 6/13. What if we told you Motonomad will be available to the world in 1080HD ... in less than four weeks? Official launch date will be revealed next week"

    So probably early/mid July release. Hopefully you'll just be able to stream it. Need to stock up the fridge with beer in preparation
    Is it my imagination or did I hear someone say BBQ and movie night at Apex Moto
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

    FJR1300A



    "Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sagamihara, Kanagawa
    Posts
    898

    Default Motonomad- 7000km Adventure ride on KTM 500 EXCs

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
    Is it my imagination or did I hear someone say BBQ and movie night at Apex Moto
    Great idea...
    ...speak softly and pack an obscenely large hammer...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    1,592

    Default Motonomad- 7000km Adventure ride on KTM 500 EXCs

    Movie is available for download in HD now ($25.99A). New trailer too:
    https://gumroad.com/l/motonomad

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    1,592

    Default Motonomad- 7000km Adventure ride on KTM 500 EXCs

    Mixed reviews on Advrider from people who have watched the movie. People agree the filming and quality is good. However people are saying it lacks a story and narration isn't great. I haven't seen it yet...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    Mixed reviews on Advrider from people who have watched the movie. People agree the filming and quality is good. However people are saying it lacks a story and narration isn't great. I haven't seen it yet...
    People love a romance. Shoot a few more scenes and retitle it "Up the Old Dirt Road."

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    1,592

    Default Motonomad- 7000km Adventure ride on KTM 500 EXCs

    I watched the movie tonight. If you like offroad riding you won't want to miss it. The main mod to their bikes (2014 KTM 500EXCs) was 19l tanks (9l is stock). They did 7000km with two oil changes, a tire change and a few punctures. No other bike issues. Video quality is very good and recommend you watch on a large screen if possible. I downloaded the movie (2.67GB) following purchase, rather than streaming it. Very impressive to think that they shot all the video themselves and had no support team. Well worth watching...

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    What format / file type is the download?
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    1,592

    Default Motonomad- 7000km Adventure ride on KTM 500 EXCs

    Quote Originally Posted by rider2371 View Post
    What format / file type is the download?
    MPEG4 (.m4v)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •