Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motonomad- 7000km Adventure ride on KTM 500 EXCs

Default Motonomad- 7000km Adventure ride on KTM 500 EXCs

A short movie is due to be released this year which covers the two KTM 500 EXC riders 7000km adventure ride. The trailer looks great. Can't wait to watch the full movie:
    http://www.advpulse.com/adv-videos/a...-ktm-500-excs/

very interesting, i want to know what maintenance schedule they followed on that trip?!?

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    very interesting, i want to know what maintenance schedule they followed on that trip?!?
    They started every day on factory fresh bikes supplied by KTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    A short movie is due to be released this year which covers the two KTM 500 EXC riders 7000km adventure ride. The trailer looks great. Can't wait to watch the full movie:
    I though I saw that trailer somewhere

http://www.gaijinriders.com/showthre...venture-videos
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

Quote Originally Posted by rider2371 View Post
    Didn't see your original post. Will check out the other videos in your thread tonight. Good stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Japanviking View Post
    They started every day on factory fresh bikes supplied by KTM.
    Hey JV quit stealing my lines
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

Pretty awesome trailer, looking forward to the full movie.
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

Movie still hasn't been released yet as far as I know, but there's a new raw footage Gopro clip:

Motonomad Teaser #2 was posted today on Youtube. It shows how they filmed a wheelie scene using a quadcopter mounted camera. Still no mention when the movie will be released. Hopefully soon...

Need that for the Djebel!

Looks like the movie is going to be released soon. They updated their Facebook page the end of last week with this:

"Motology Films. 6/13. What if we told you Motonomad will be available to the world in 1080HD ... in less than four weeks? Official launch date will be revealed next week"

So probably early/mid July release. Hopefully you'll just be able to stream it. Need to stock up the fridge with beer in preparation

Looks like the movie is going to be released soon. They updated their Facebook page the end of last week with this:

"Motology Films. 6/13. What if we told you Motonomad will be available to the world in 1080HD ... in less than four weeks? Official launch date will be revealed next week"

So probably early/mid July release. Hopefully you'll just be able to stream it. Need to stock up the fridge with beer in preparation
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll be playing a major theaters. Would be awesome to see it on the big screen!

Is it my imagination or did I hear someone say BBQ and movie night at Apex Moto
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

Quote Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
    Is it my imagination or did I hear someone say BBQ and movie night at Apex Moto
    Great idea...
    ...speak softly and pack an obscenely large hammer...

Movie is available for download in HD now ($25.99A). New trailer too:
    https://gumroad.com/l/motonomad

Mixed reviews on Advrider from people who have watched the movie. People agree the filming and quality is good. However people are saying it lacks a story and narration isn't great. I haven't seen it yet...

Mixed reviews on Advrider from people who have watched the movie. People agree the filming and quality is good. However people are saying it lacks a story and narration isn't great. I haven't seen it yet...
    People love a romance. Shoot a few more scenes and retitle it "Up the Old Dirt Road."

I watched the movie tonight. If you like offroad riding you won't want to miss it. The main mod to their bikes (2014 KTM 500EXCs) was 19l tanks (9l is stock). They did 7000km with two oil changes, a tire change and a few punctures. No other bike issues. Video quality is very good and recommend you watch on a large screen if possible. I downloaded the movie (2.67GB) following purchase, rather than streaming it. Very impressive to think that they shot all the video themselves and had no support team. Well worth watching...

What format / file type is the download?
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

Quote Originally Posted by rider2371 View Post
    What format / file type is the download?
    MPEG4 (.m4v)