Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motonomad- 7000km Adventure ride on KTM 500 EXCs

Thanks.
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    I watched the movie tonight. If you like offroad riding you won't want to miss it. The main mod to their bikes (2014 KTM 500EXCs) was 19l tanks (9l is stock). They did 7000km with two oil changes, a tire change and a few punctures. No other bike issues. Video quality is very good and recommend you watch on a large screen if possible. I downloaded the movie (2.67GB) following purchase, rather than streaming it. Very impressive to think that they shot all the video themselves and had no support team. Well worth watching...
    interesting, so 7000kms and no valve check!

any idea what tank that was exactly?

Default Motonomad- 7000km Adventure ride on KTM 500 EXCs

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    interesting, so 7000kms and no valve check!

any idea what tank that was exactly?
    No, the only maintenance they appeared to do was two oil changes. The bikes were running great at the end of the 7,000km. Riemann revs his at the end of the movie to show that it's running well with no smoke in the exhaust (not burning oil).

Regarding the tanks (19 liter capacity) I'm guessing they fitted KTM Power Parts #7810791354499:

I watched the movie tonight. If you like offroad riding you won't want to miss it. The main mod to their bikes (2014 KTM 500EXCs) was 19l tanks (9l is stock). They did 7000km with two oil changes, a tire change and a few punctures. No other bike issues. Video quality is very good and recommend you watch on a large screen if possible. I downloaded the movie (2.67GB) following purchase, rather than streaming it. Very impressive to think that they shot all the video themselves and had no support team. Well worth watching...
    Could you please share the movie? I need to watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by holamotorider View Post
    Could you please share the movie? I need to watch this.
    You can purchase the movie here and download it: https://gumroad.com/l/motonomad

You can purchase the movie here and download it: https://gumroad.com/l/motonomad
    I know but it doesn't accept my debit card. I haven't got a credit card. I have tried so many times with debit card but payment does not happen. I need to watch motonomad. Can you please share this movie? I have another movie from same guy (Adam Riemann) and his father when they go riding in Himalayas. They travel on dirt bikes on the highest road in the world. It's a very good movie. I can upload that if you want :)

Please do not offer or solicit copyrighted material on Gaijinriders, unless it is legal to do so.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Please do not offer or solicit copyrighted material on Gaijinriders, unless it is legal to do so.
    Technically, holamotorider didn't ask for anything illegal. If I have a legal copy of a movie, I can legally lend the physical storage medium containing it to my friend so he can watch it. What makes it illegal is if I copy it for him, or if he copies it himself.

Let's say that Markw's single legal copy of the movie is sitting on a USB flash drive. It would be perfectly legal for him to lend the flash drive to holamotorider, let him watch it, and then get the flash drive back, so long as neither of them makes a new copy of the file.

(But if by "share", he meant "make a copy for me" or "post online", then yeah, that's illegal.)
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

I know but it doesn't accept my debit card.
    They also take Paypal. Can you use that?
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    They also take Paypal. Can you use that?
    I tried to make paypal for it but paypal also doesn't accept that debit card. I read about it online and turns out certain visa/mastercards are not supported by the website.

Technically, holamotorider didn't ask for anything illegal. If I have a legal copy of a movie, I can legally lend the physical storage medium containing it to my friend so he can watch it. What makes it illegal is if I copy it for him, or if he copies it himself.

Let's say that Markw's single legal copy of the movie is sitting on a USB flash drive. It would be perfectly legal for him to lend the flash drive to holamotorider, let him watch it, and then get the flash drive back, so long as neither of them makes a new copy of the file.

(But if by "share", he meant "make a copy for me" or "post online", then yeah, that's illegal.)
    Yes I didn't mean anything illegal. I simply watch the movie and delete it or either return the flash drive.

I tried to make paypal for it but paypal also doesn't accept that debit card. I read about it online and turns out certain visa/mastercards are not supported by the website.
    You should be able to link your Paypal account to your actual bank account (not your debit card), and then pay with money right out of your bank account.

Either that, or get Markw to invite you over for a movie night.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

You should be able to link your Paypal account to your actual bank account (not your debit card), and then pay with money right out of your bank account.

Either that, or get Markw to invite you over for a movie night.
    No, bank account doesn't work either. I asked them about linking and they said Paypal is not official supported. I have to request Markw now.

It wasn't that great of a movie. Kind of like On Any Sunday meets Brokeback Mountain, minus the former's memorable riding...

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    It wasn't that great of a movie. Kind of like Easy Rider meets Brokeback Mountain, minus the memorable acting...
    I watched another movie by this guy where he rides with his dad on "The Himalayas". It was decent and they did ride the highest road in the world. Motonomad trailer looked decent. One time watch wouldn't hurt. So I want to watch it.

I watched another movie by this guy where he rides with his dad on "The Himalayas". It was decent and they did ride the highest road in the world. Motonomad trailer looked decent. One time watch wouldn't hurt. So I want to watch it.
    It seems they take Paypal on their website.

http://motologyfilms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    It seems they take Paypal on their website.

http://motologyfilms.com/
    Paypal is not supported by my bank. I don't know what else to do now

Default Re: Motonomad- 7000km Adventure ride on KTM 500 EXCs

Sounds like you should get an account at another bank.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

This would appear to be the perfect opportunity to apply for a credit card...

Holamotorized- why not introduce yourself on the New Forum Members thread: http://www.gaijinriders.com/showthread.php?t=544