Thread: New Icon helmet shows where crash impacts are statistically likely to happen

Default New Icon helmet shows where crash impacts are statistically likely to happen

Apparently this is not a joke. The Icon Airframe Statistic shows the probability of each section of the helmet taking an impact in a crash:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...ame-statistic/

May convince people who ride with half-helmets to think about upgrading to a full-face...

From http://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/...ce_apologists/
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Default New Icon helmet shows where crash impacts are statistically likely to happen

Pictures of mashed-u faces don't do it, why would some numbers?

Nice helmet though :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... "full-face apologists"? There's something wrong with full-face helmets?

I've actually seen this in a few places by a variety of different companies and did successfully use it to convince my friend she should get a full face (she thought she should get a beanie because it "matched" her cruiser better -.- explaining to her a helmet is for protection not style and that she risked scarring her beautiful face for life put an end to that idea)

Very accurate according to my old helmet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10665945_10152393649441342_6762620686480419546_n.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	10786

* Taken from my hospital bed. *

Sold one to a guy at an event in Yamanashi. The same guy then went and got tanked, then rode his bike
    in a display ride. Kept wondering zone he might hit........... Fortunately he rode well and
    managed to get back safely.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.