Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Run 2014

Default Toy Run 2014

How about December 7th for the Toy Run this year?

Things have gone well the last couple of years so how about keeping to the same plan?

Meet at Ebina, ride to Sanders and then go to Chigasaki?

Sounds good.

Maybe come up with games/activities for each, try something new?

If I can get a number of the small Xmas trees, we could have a tree decoration session with the kids?
    2016 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer 2016 - // 2006 Honda CB400 Super Four 2006-2016
    www.nanikore.net

December 7th sounds good. Pizza for Chigasaki again???

Couldn't make it last year, hopefully will this time.
    In a few days I will let you know if I can attend it.

Quote Originally Posted by rdkng103 View Post
    December 7th sounds good. Pizza for Chigasaki again???
    Yeah, the 7th seems like the best day because if it rains we can do move it to the 14th but anything later than that would be too close to the end of the year.

Pizza, yes, absolutely! Those hot pies coming out of the ol' man's homemade oven can't be beat!

Default Toy Run 2014

I have called Saunders and requested for the 7th. They will get back to me to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "He who conquers himself, conquers all"

Quote Originally Posted by Antkiller View Post
    I have called Saunders and requested for the 7th. They will get back to me to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks.

I'll get hold of Chigasaki and see what they say about the 7th.

Will up the FB Toy Run page, if no one has done it yet.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I'm in again for this year. Please let me know if I can help you in some ways to organise it.
    2012 TRIUMPH STREET TRIPLE R

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Will up the FB Toy Run page, if no one has done it yet.
    There's still an active page up, I get monthly updates on it.

https://www.facebook.com/TokyoToyRun

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTwin View Post
    There's still an active page up, I get monthly updates on it.

https://www.facebook.com/TokyoToyRun
    Sorry about the typo. I meant to say i would update the page with the date.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Default Toy Run 2014

I've not gone in the past because I'm in Kyoto. I tried to get something started with the riders here but NO intrest from them.
    Long story short as soon as you have a confirmed date(s) is like to try and attend.
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by adrien View Post
    I'm in again for this year. Please let me know if I can help you in some ways to organise it.
    Great, looking forward to seeing you again.

7th works for me!
    '12-'xx - KTM 690smc (stolen) / 990SM-T
    '07-'12 - Honda CB400 / CB1000
    '01-'06 - Yamaha V-Star 650 / 1250

Eat Ramen! www.ramenadventures.com

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    I've not gone in the past because I'm in Kyoto. I tried to get something started with the riders here but NO intrest from them.
    Long story short as soon as you have a confirmed date(s) is like to try and attend.
    There is interest but somebody needs to get it together to organize it. You always seemed to expect somebody else to do that!

Default Toy Run 2014

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    There is interest but somebody needs to get it together to organize it. You always seemed to expect somebody else to do that!
    Dude you have no idea what you speak when it comes to me. I threw it out to your people and got very little serious interest. Come to think of it all the comments were negative and why it was too difficult.
    I've looked into doing it and have thrown the idea to a separate group but without others wanting to get involved it is a very difficult thing to do. I also am involved with numerous activities and events helping underprivileged and orphans in the Kyoto area.
    I'd expect a comment like that from a person like you. Which is exactly why I distance myself from you.haven't you ever wondered why I stopped associating with the likes of you?
    Last edited by racer162; 18-10-14 at 03:32 PM.
    Life begins at 155mph

they are not 'my people'. Kansai Riders is owned equally by all active members. WE the riders of kansai, the Kansai Riders, or whatever name you want to use have a big, friendly, active community of riders in kansai who get along great with only one exception thus far.

one thing we certainly agree about is distancing ourselves from each other but we already knew that. i know very well why you stopped associating and am completely fine with that as are a great percentage of the kansai community. its not like you ever actually showed up to any rides or camps anyway. there is no need to get into in this thread who tends to make inappropriate or rude comments or has alienated themselves from X number of people and in exactly which communities with their behavior and lack of tact...

i will say here that two people have brought up the idea of having a kansai toy run to the kansai motorcycle community on various forums over the years. there were always very positive responses to the idea from the community and you were encouraged to get the ball rolling as was the other guy. the response was not negative. it did point out that it takes a lot of work to set up and somebody needs to take the initiative in getting it going. i know it takes a lot of work because i followed in detail the process of the Tokyo toy runs being set up. in both cases involving you and another rider proposing the idea neither of you did actually follow through with getting the ball rolling. to say that there was "NO interest" and "all the comments were negative" is complete BS and you need to be called out on that comment here. Please refrain from such false comments here or elsewhere on this forum.

if you want to participate in the Tokyo Toy run that is great, but please dont distort the truth about your efforts and the response you got from the Kansai community here. That does not belong in this thread just as this conversation also does not belong.

I will flag this post and invite other mods to moderate as I am involved in this one.

Default Toy Run 2014

As I said before and I'm leaving it at this when the dates are confirmed I'd like to try and join the Tokyo run if it's possible.
    Life begins at 155mph

Unless someone specifically wants some posts delete, it prefer to let small disagreements work their course.

So back to the Tokyo Toy Run then. Peace brothers

Chigasaki said the 7th is OK.

Any word from Sanders?