Thread: 2015 KTM Adventure.

Default 2015 KTM Adventure.

Went up to talk to the chaps at Saitama KTM about the 1290 today and ended up ordering an 1190 orange Adventure, fully loaded. Seems the exchange rate on these was very well in my favor when they purchased them, and even better so now with the JPY to USD current rates. Out the door was 2100000 but with the current exchange rate it's about 17,500 USD. Compare that to a few months back and I saved about 4000 USD. Guys at Saitama are very accommodating as well. they had my name on the list for a 1290 before I even talked to them in person, but as it may be 6 months before shipment of the 1290 and the price will be significantly higher, I went with the bargain deal. Lucky ducky me!
    Bit of advice, Never create a forum account and screen name after drinking heavily and imagining stupid shit you would like to do before you die.

Congrats PK! Pls share some pictures when she arrives. Looking forward to ripping up the tarmac next year!

Default 2015 KTM Adventure.

Congrats! When are you taking delivery?
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

should be next week.
    Bit of advice, Never create a forum account and screen name after drinking heavily and imagining stupid shit you would like to do before you die.

Enjoy it! Not sure why KTM had to made a 1290 adventure so soon after this bike.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

People like me is why. I would have bought it because it has a little more spec, everything included, and just to say you have one. :D

I had to go with this one over the GS. Test rode em both a few months back and was leaning on the GSA before the ride.. I love reliability but it's all about the ride right? KTM was hands down my choice, so much more BRAAAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Knife Fight View Post
    People like me is why. I would have bought it because it has a little more spec, everything included, and just to say you have one. :D
    Well then you should probably hold out for their upcoming 1390 Super-Duper Adventure.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

HAHAHAH Touche'

Congrats on the new bike! Great beast for next years Twistybutt.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    Enjoy it! Not sure why KTM had to made a 1290 adventure so soon after this bike.
    Because they know they need to step up their game if they are to challenge BMW's dominance in the Adv bike market.

Default Re: 2015 KTM Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    Because they know they need to step up their game if they are to challenge BMW's dominance in the Adv bike market.
    But... what makes the 1290 such a "step up" in their game? Does it get such a big benefit from 100 extra cc?
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    But... what makes the 1290 such a "step up" in their game? Does it get such a big benefit from 100 extra cc?
    106cc is quite a boost in capacity meaning a big torque increase in addition to the extra 12 ponies. Then there's the 30 liter fuel tank, hill-hold brake, cornering lights, a bunch of other goodies and no doubt lots of generational refinements.

[top]SUPER EQUIPPED

The new 1290 Super Enduro has very extensive standard equipment, with functions that the competition has yet to provide - even as optional extras:
    WP Semi-active Suspension
    C-ABS (Lean angle sensitive with MSC)
    MTC (Motorcycle Traction Control)
    TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)
    Multi-function cockpit
    Full set of modes (Ride-by-Wire, MTC, ABS, Damping)
    Cruise control
    30 litre long range fuel tank
    LED cornering lights
    Daytime running light
    LED indicators
    Adjustable ergonomics
    Easy adjustable windshield height
    Heated grips
    Heated comfort seats
    Ultra-rugged offroad spoked wheels
    Immobiliser
    Aluminium handlebar, black coated and tapered