Thread: Harley XL883R 2012

Cool Harley XL883R 2012

Hi All,

Been meaning to start putting together a thread here about my bike!

I got this off the guys at Apexmoto (they do awesome work) and have been messing around on it for the last couple months.

I've spent most of that time acquiring tools and gear, and have made a few minor changes to my bike.
    I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I'm aiming to have a good all-rounder- something i can have a bit of fun on, go touring, ride two-up, and thread traffic on.

I've switched out the stock exhaust ends for very short (very loud!) moon-eyes exhaust tips (with baffles), and bought a VIED kit to change the afr ratio so it runs a little smoother, cooler and has better power delivery.

I've also done small things, such as erase the reflectors, lift the tank and wire tuck (thanks, Vivahome for parts haha), switch the mirrors around and other things.

Very happy with my bike, and still learning to wrench it! Trying to do everything on a budget/DIY, and making a few mistakes along the way- but it's a blast!

Hopefully, eventually I'll switch out to 1250cc and do some more motor-work, as well as aesthetic stuff (it is a Harley, after all).

If you see me on the road, say Hi! I wasn't able to make the Toy Run, but will work my way into some GR events soon! haha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5955.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	343.1 KB 
ID:	11121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5957.jpg 
Size:	272.3 KB 
ID:	11122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5947.jpg 
Size:	278.6 KB 
ID:	11123

Looking good!! Is that dedicated bike storage?
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Looking good!! Is that dedicated bike storage?
    Thanks!

Yeah, i was a bit stuck for parking after i picked it up ( just used daily coin parking), before i found out that a company called bike-cube was converting a disused parking lot behind my house!

9000 per month for a lock up, and couldn't be happier!

I threw a light in there, and i can fit all my bike stuff, bike gear, tools, snowboard equipment and other random junk in, and still have space to work on it at night/on rainy days! (Or have a few quiet drinks when things at home get a little... Heated haha)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg