Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ** APR 18-19 ** 2015 Akeno Offroad Ride and Camp

Default ** APR 18-19 ** 2015 Akeno Offroad Ride and Camp

Planning to ride offroad at Akeno (Yamanashi-ken) on April 18 & 19. Will stay at Campica (campsite with log cabins, or pitch your own tent) and have a BBQ Saturday night. If you like offroad riding, you'll love Akeno! There is terrain to satisfy riders of any abilty, from beginner to expert. Hillclimbs galore, single track, rindo and woods.

Photos and videos of the GR trip to Akeno last year:
    http://www.gaijinriders.com/showthre...ighlight=akeno

Will be there!!
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I'm in.
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

I fancy some of this.....

Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

its quite a trek but will try to make it happen! good announcing and planning far in advance that really helps!

If I'm not out to sea then I will also be in.
    Bit of advice, Never create a forum account and screen name after drinking heavily and imagining stupid shit you would like to do before you die.

Default Hell Yes!

Count me in!

Want to go to this. Will know for sure closer to the day but should not in theory be a problem.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

I'm pretty sure I'll be in this again - really enjoyed last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'll be in this again - really enjoyed last year!
    if its just us two, we can go together again. if we have more interested we could take two trucks. i think i would parking lot camp the Friday night instead of doing the hotel. i also think they have a friday night cabin special if i heard correctly and its still on? we'd probably need somebody to arrive earlier to check us in for that though.

lets discuss it at the next pub night!

Aiming to make this. Will likely car camp outside the campground.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    Aiming to make this. Will likely car camp outside the campground.
    as i said, i might do this too but since we will be arriving so late a cabin would be tempting. it would also be nice to have my van parked up at the cabins to get the BBQ supplies out of for the saturday night bbq.

i remember hearing something about a Friday night cabin special? anybody have info on that?

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    i remember hearing something about a Friday night cabin special? anybody have info on that?
    http://www.campica.jp/akeno/p/charge.html

Fridays are cheaper than Saturdays in general. As an example, a 4 person standard log cabin costs 8,640 on Friday April 17 (A Change) and 13,000 on Saturday April 18 (C Charge).
    ----------------

Quote Originally Posted by rider2371 View Post
    http://www.campica.jp/akeno/p/charge.html

Fridays are cheaper than Saturdays in general. As an example, a 4 person standard log cabin costs 8,640 on Friday April 17 (A Change) and 13,000 on Saturday April 18 (C Charge).
    thanks

i bet we will have 4 people driving up from kansai so a cabin sounds good and affordable IF there is somebody arriving early enough to get us checked in.

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    thanks

i bet we will have 4 people driving up from kansai so a cabin sounds good and affordable IF there is somebody arriving early enough to get us checked in.
    In addition to my previous post, if the campsite are still doing the "Happy Friday" 50% discount on condition of staying Saturday night, it will be even cheaper than the regular Friday price. See below post from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    I went for a ride at Akeno yesterday (last minute decision due to forecast). I parked just outside the Campica camp site (same spot as April) and spoke to one of the campsite guys. He mentioned that that they have just started what they call "Happy Friday". If you are going to stay Saturday night, you can stay in a cabin on Friday night for 50% off, or pitch your tent for free. He also said they have extended the check-in time to 9pm (which I could just about make traveling from Tokyo). We should plan another trip after the rainy season has finished...

The ride yesterday was great. Discovered a new grass covered hill climb, with a long (5km?) mountain ridge top single track trail. Not for the faint hearted, but a great ride if you enjoy a challenge
    ----------------

Default ** APR 18-19 ** 2015 Akeno Offroad Ride and Camp

I'll phone up the campsite tomorrow and let everyone know the details...

I'll be buying a tent for this and camping. Nic and I will be travelling up together in his van, and we might stay longer on Sunday this time, rather than leave first thing.

Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualta View Post
    I'll be buying a tent for this and camping. Nic and I will be travelling up together in his van, and we might stay longer on Sunday this time, rather than leave first thing.
    Isn't a tent a bit extravagant for a frugal man such as yourself? A blue sheet can be had for about sen yen. :)

Lets keep this thread on topic, please.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.