Thread: Tyre Levers

Default Tyre Levers

I reckon this is the best sub-forum for this thread, so here goes. I'm planning to buy tyre levers, so I'm looking for recommendations. I don't want to spend top buck, but I also don't want cheap crap, so best buy recommendations would be cool. I've seen some sets with rim guards on Amazon, but they look cheap.

Thanks in advance

Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

Default Tyre Levers

Quote Originally Posted by Dualta View Post
    I reckon this is the best sub-forum for this thread, so here goes. I'm planning to buy tyre levers, so I'm looking for recommendations. I don't want to spend top buck, but I also don't want cheap crap, so best buy recommendations would be cool. I've seen some sets with rim guards on Amazon, but they look cheap.

Thanks in advance
    For trail use I use some light weight 6061 aluminum levers made by Stockton (Motion Pro has some which look the same, as do KTM).

For use at home I like my 11" Motion Pro 08-0005 levers best. They have a short hook which minimizes the chances of you damaging tubes, or Tubliss high pressure tube when changing tyres.

I do not recommend using levers longer than about 12" for motorcycle tyres as you could easily damage the tyre using the wrong technique...

I don't use rim protectors. I ride Offroad so the rims get scratches anyway. If you're careful you can change a tyre without making any scratches anyway.

Highly recommend getting some Motion Pro bead buddies (two of them). They make tyre changes much easier...

+1 for Motion Pro, all there stuff I've used is good.

Cheers fellas. That's enough to be getting on with. However, I might pop over to Astro Tools to see what they have before making a purchase. There's a shop close to the house.

Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)