Thread: Off Road Locations Repository

Default Off Road Locations Repository

Post links or maps to off road locations on this thread. A wiki will be made and link placed in
    this first post.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Kawagoe Offroad village, two locations. Morning 4,000 / Afternoon 3,500 ; gets you on all tracks

Western Kawagoe;
    Comp MX course, ( pretty churned up big wheel ruts in places )
    smaller MX
    drift track
    circular flattrack (below)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10959345_518606454945902_4153583625545312916_n.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	11230
    they have alot of events / kids courses / rental bikes, gear

Tighter MX course eastern Kawagoe

http://www.navitime.co.jp/poi?spt=02108.6159
    Last edited by wrk2ride_ride2wrk; 07-02-15 at 01:33 PM.

Sanage in Seto/Toyota, Aichi. A low-mountainous area covered in forest with old, delapidated rindos and a web of forest floor trails. It's public land, so it's free access. It's very popular with off-road riders, so quite a few people will be there on weekends in the better weather, but there'll usually be small groups all year round.

3512'34.0"N 13710'01.9"E

Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualta View Post
    Sanage in Seto/Toyota, Aichi. A low-mountainous area covered in forest with old, delapidated rindos and a web of forest floor trails. It's public land, so it's free access. It's very popular with off-road riders, so quite a few people will be there on weekends in the better weather, but there'll usually be small groups all year round.

3512'34.0"N 13710'01.9"E
    I asked in your thread on Sanage but you may not have seen it. How many and how long are the trails and rindos in the Sanage area?

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    I asked in your thread on Sanage but you may not have seen it. How many and how long are the trails and rindos in the Sanage area?
    Ok, I replied on the Sanage thread.
    Last edited by Dualta; 07-02-15 at 09:07 PM.

Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I posted this in another thread, but I'm reposting it here and updating it. It's about two dirt tracks close to where I live, Seto, on the outskirts of Nagoya. One track is called オフ。ザ。ワールード。, or Tsurusato, and it's just over the border between Seto and Gifu. The other is called スラムパーク (Slam Park), and it's in Seto.

Tsurusato is an older, well established track which advertises itself as an MX/Enduro track. It's 1.5km of steep inclines and declines through a forest on the side of a mountain. The facilities are very rough/basic, so if going bring what you need to drink and eat because you'll get nothing like that there. I'd even bring some toilet paper, even though I didn't see the toilets, but I reckon they'd be rough too. It's 3,000 for a day, or 2,000 for your first visit.

Website HERE

Anyway, the course. There are several videos of the course online, and I've posted one below (the music's crap, but it gives the best visual representation of the course I've seen online) and describe the course in detail by referring to the time stamp on the video.

But a general overview first. The video simply does not properly represent how steep this course can be. Maybe it was just me, this being my first time off a rindo, except for the 2014 Akeno ride, but this was a really severe course. In truth, it scared the living shit out of me the first couple of circuits. After that, I settled into it a bit, but I found it a real challenge every time I did it. It was physically exhausting to be honest. Far more enduro than MX.

1. The course starts with a short series of four jumps, but they have recently cut a path along the left side for enduro/dp bikes.

2. At 0:18 there's a climbing 45 degree curve running for a good 20 metres. Then the course flattens for a short run, curvy, with lots of small jumps, but no climbs.

3. At 0:46 you exit a left bend to see a steep hill in front of you. This hill is a bastard because on the other side there's an immediate, severe dropping bend down to the left. If you weren't in the know about this you could very easily come a cropper. The drop ends quickly at a tight right hand bend, which is still on a steep downward gradient. I found the braking very awkward here.

4. The course continues on a downward gradient through a series of left and right bends until you come to the most challenging part of the course (remember, this was my first time doing the likes of this, so you might not find it as challenging as I did).

5. At around 1:17 on the video you exit a left hand curve and into a steep, long, curving hill climb. It's straight for around 2/3 of it, but then it curves to the right for the final third. The video doesn't really show how steep this fucker is. The first time I hit it I couldn't believe it. I was thinking that I couldn't turn back so I had to throw all I had at it to get to the top. I opened the throttle in 2nd gear and made it up there, and no one was more surprised than I was, even though I was the only one there. I fell half way up this climb the final third on my second circuit. It was a steep place to have a spill, so lifting the bike, mounting it, getting it started and moving on the hill was a hell of a job, but I managed it. Both climbs are in quick succession and it takes 15-20 seconds to complete them both. Maybe for some old timers that's nothing, but for me it was a serious challenge.

6. Once you hit the top of that climb at 1:29, there's a tight left turn and then another climb, steep, but short in comparison. The top of this climb is abrupt so exiting it can be a little hairy if you don't have your speed right.

7. At this point you're at the top of the course. There's a level straight and then the descent, which is steep straights and curves, and a lot of fun to ride. This takes you right down to the starting point.

There is also a new dirt park near my house called スラムパーク (Sram Park, Seto - http://srampark.com/). It's owned by Dirtfreak, a local dirt bike supplies store. It's not open to the public yet, and no decision has been made on an opening date, but it should be open by this summer. This place will certainly be regarded as a top venue in this area when it opens. What a spot. It has a dedicated MX course running through a wooded area, but also a course cut into the side of a hill designed specifically for dp bikes like the Serows and Bajas of this world. At the foot of the dp course, there is a short, level course with a couple of small jumps, which is designed for beginners or those looking to hone their sliding skills in dust. And in the middle of it all, there's a big, fuck-off ramp for madmen to do all sorts of mad shit several metres in the air. One guy was there yesterday, and I've posted a video of him below.

As an aside, I was in the company of the guys who work in Dirtfreak. Only one of them knew me beforehand. When I told them that my first dirt track experience was at Tsurusato the day before, there was a collective gasp, of 'マジで!’ (are you fucking serious?). In their opinion it's not a beginner's course, at all. Scary fucking place boys. Totally awesome stuff.

It's hard to see here, but the DP course is cut into the side of this hill, and it's a really good course. Not that tough, but begging for speed. Littered with tight bends and small jumps. The final descent is a bitch of an S bend, which took me several times to try before I could leave it with my dignity intact.

This is the beginners' practice course.

And here's a guy doing some pretty cool jumps

Here's a video someone took of the MX course at an earlier stage, while it was still being built. It has been made much better since then, with the edges cut better, and lots of the dangers removed. Several jumps have also been added. I'd an awful lot of fun on the jumps, even on the Serow. The guy enters the course at around 5:30.

There is also a campsite very close to the スラムパーク, offering the opportunity for a couple of days during which we could go to both these venues. It's close enough to all amenities (not sure about an onset though), so it would be comfortable enough. Let's see the スラムーパーク open to the public and see if anyone is interested in a couple of days between the two venues.
    Last edited by Dualta; 09-02-15 at 10:56 PM.

Miki Annex Park Hyogo
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/%E...17a55d49?hl=ja

Sakakibara in Mie, super course, one of the best in Japan but seems like it won't be around for much longer.
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...a2e8bf6582b82e

Off road land Misugi in Mie.
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...3afbcd53ed40d0
    MX Fiels Toyota
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/35...0:0x0?hl=en-US

Sagamikawa free area. tracks n trails.
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/35.4.../data=!3m1!1e3
    Bit of advice, Never create a forum account and screen name after drinking heavily and imagining stupid shit you would like to do before you die.

New and updated home page for the Starlight Forest Enduro park.
    http://slf-namiai.com/