Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kii Peninsula suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by rider2371 View Post
    Btw, which waterfall did you refer to exactly?
    I presume it's Nachi falls, a world heritage site.

Quote Originally Posted by rider2371 View Post
    Good stuff! It seems my route will take me on those roads you mentioned (371-38-43-45-44-168).

I haven't decided if I'm riding my route clockwise or counterclockwise, but would you recommend your highlighted route northbound or southbound?
    I've more vivid memories of the northbound route, but I can't say one's more preferable than the other.
    "That's a man's corner for men, that is." Guy Martin, Isle of Man

Quote Originally Posted by dmizer View Post
    Yes, and you should budget some time for sight seeing if at all possible. I was too rushed to spend any time there and regret it. It was spectacular as I rode through.
    The problem is I'm limited on time, so I don't know how long I can spend on sight seeing. I tend to just want to keep riding when the roads keep me smiling.

By the way, I'm tentatively planning to spend some time in the Kii before heading to Izu for the TB. Perhaps we could hook up for at least a day of riding in the Kii before heading to Odawara.
    Absolutely. It would certainly be more enjoyable catching a day of riding in the Kii and on the way back to Odawara with you. If the stars align, let's make it happen

You're route goes right by there (route 311), but just in case you didn't already know, check out 楯ケ崎.
    I presume it's Nachi falls, a world heritage site.
    Nice! Definitely worth checking out. I'll try to optimize my stops to include rest, gas, toilet, food, photos and sightseeing all at once whenever possible.
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

Quote Originally Posted by Mayapaso View Post
    I've more vivid memories of the northbound route, but I can't say one's more preferable than the other.
    I know the feeling. Last year in Kyushu, I did Waita Hita farm roads back and forth 3 times within a couple of hours first thing in the morning, before continuing on with that day's ride. Just had to
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S