Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer

60000 km in 3 years, that's a lot of riding!! Nice writeup. Good to hear they replaced the throttle bodies under warranty.

I test rode an XSR900 a few weeks back. I liked it a lot, but not more than my current bike :) The throttle is still twitchy at low revs, and it's on the heavy side for my taste. Can't argue with what you get for the price though.

Quote Originally Posted by arber View Post
    60000 km in 3 years, that's a lot of riding!!
    I had to trade out two of my previous 3 bikes because I rode them so much they broke. Both CB1300s. One trashed transmission, and one with engine and suspension issues.

Good to hear they replaced the throttle bodies under warranty.
    They did, and Yamaha corporate wanted them back for testing as well. But the fix was only temporary. The real fix came later when the techs in my local shop went through the bike really carefully to figure it out. Really mild varnish on the throttle valves, and a little carb cleaner was all it took to correct the problem.

I test rode an XSR900 a few weeks back. I liked it a lot, but not more than my current bike :) The throttle is still twitchy at low revs, and it's on the heavy side for my taste. Can't argue with what you get for the price though.
    Like I said, it doesn't take too long to get used to the throttle, and for me it's actually been fantastic for my throttle control. I feel extremely comfortable hopping on any bike now. Not sure why you say it's on the heavy side. It's only 20Kg heavier than your ST. Plus, it has more HP, A real criticism here would be the size of the fuel tank.

The price is the real gem here indeed.

I rented a Tracer this summer and enjoyed riding alot except for the seat, which was uncomfortable. Gotta admit I don't like the looks.
    You can negotiate for a different suspension? Never thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthbyNW View Post
    I rented a Tracer this summer and enjoyed riding alot except for the seat, which was uncomfortable. Gotta admit I don't like the looks.
    You can negotiate for a different suspension? Never thought of that.
    Did you ride with the seat in the low or high position? Everyone who's ever ridden the Tracer hates the seat when they ride it on the low position. Everything is way better with the seat on the high position. It still leaves something to be desired because the foam allows you to sink through to the seat pan after a long ride, but you certainly wouldn't notice that on a test ride. And let's be honest, very few motorcycles come from the factory with the perfect seat. I'm pretty partial to the looks of the Tracer, and it still turns heads most places I end up, but if it's not your style there's still the MT-09, and the XSR900.

I've negotiated for all kinds of things like a change of tires from OEM to ETC units installed. The price may go up, but not as much as if you had to pay for this stuff post-purchase.

I rented the Tracer for a full day and put about 300km on it. The seat was in the low position. My inseam won't allow me to ride it with the seat in the high position without using a stepping stool, sadly!
    l