Thread: ** JUL 18-19 ** Fukushima Long Weekend Ride

Default ** JUL 18-19 ** Fukushima Long Weekend Ride

I think there is a long weekend in July on the 20th so planning a Fukushima ride
    similar to the ride we did in August last year.

Jim and Charif, please get your route suggestions in early. Maybe try to do routes we did not do last
    year. Though last year was an excellent ride, it is always nice to try new roads.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Not sure I will join as I am planning to use that long weekend for a family trip, but I'll send in route suggestions nonetheless.

And no Twinrider, I will not plan the family trip to end up in Fukushima so I can ride there and have the wife drive up with the kid. Just in case you got any weird ideas
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

Quote Originally Posted by rider2371 View Post
    And no Twinrider, I will not plan the family trip to end up in Fukushima so I can ride there and have the wife drive up with the kid. Just in case you got any weird ideas
    No, I don't mind if you use me as a scapegoat for your schemes.... That does sound like a good one. :-)

Weekend date is flexible if this weekend is not the best for all. We only really need two days.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

In.
    Doing a race the following weekend, so free to join this event.

Unless work travel gets in the way (like it did last year) I should be down for this.

Put me down as a definite maybe. Will go if I have the weekend free, but too early to tell.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

I'd like to come. Would this be a camping trip or hotel jobby? Either is ok...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    I think there is a long weekend in July on the 20th so planning a Fukushima ride
    similar to the ride we did in August last year.

Jim and Charif, please get your route suggestions in early. Maybe try to do routes we did not do last
    year. Though last year was an excellent ride, it is always nice to try new roads.
    I liked the route going up, the route going back would be better if we stuck to the irradiated side of the Tohoku to avoid congestion. :-)

This was a blast last year! Unfortunately I'm traveling to the US the second half of July. Have fun!