Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying casein & whey in Japan

Default Buying casein & whey in Japan

I have been ordering casein and whey through the bodybuilding.com site. The selection is decent, the service ok, and the delivery works well enough.

But with the exchange rate punishing the yen, the prices are not so good any more.

Still, the prices and selection I get at local stores or through amazon japan are not good at all.

Those of you in the know, how do you go about getting your supplements? Wholesale (to a point) would also do.

Thanks.
    CRF250

in Japan are not cheap and if they are I wouldn't put in my body....
    When it comes to food or supplements I don't look into price but rather into quality..there is so much sh.t out there..

I get that. It's part of the problem.

What do you consider quality regarding brands of protein supplements? And where do you get it?
    CRF250

You may find interesting this article
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2...inks/index.htm

In general l would look for something that is free of pesticides,GMOs,or other chemicals..many of big brands have in their protein powder levels of arsenic,cadmium,lead and mercury!!

Anyway l don't do much of protein powder anymore, but rather have a good ,organic based nutrition program ...because unless you are a professional athlete,the amount of protein you need daily, you can find it in food ( same as before ,good quality food mostly plants base then meat base to stay even healthier)
    If you not sure,consider consulting a profetional nutritionist...

So it all depends of why you need the protein power and what you want put in your body...

Good luck with your research!
    Ciao!

By the way,iherb.com is quite good site for supplements and other things,and in most of their staff there is included what is inside..
    Just keep in mind that supplements industry is a big business and there is a lots of nasty stuff out there..

Default Re: Buying casein & whey in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    By the way
    Buy the whey?
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Thanks for the heads up on iherb.com
    CRF250

Default Buying casein & whey in Japan

Beer works for me :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beer does feed.
    CRF250

Beer works beautifully if your goal is having a big belly..
    Not sure if wife are so happy about it...
    Stay fit, stay healthy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    Buy the whey?
    Guy how is going your diet, "buy the whey?"..;-)
    I remember couple years ago when you and some others were so much into loosing weight.. Then no more posting.. Wonder if anything has happen or.....

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    Guy how is going your diet, "buy the whey?"..;-)I remember couple years ago when you and some others were so much into loosing weight.. Then no more posting.. Wonder if anything has happen or.....
    Well, I stopped posting about my diet when I stopped the diet. Makes sense, right? I successfully reached my goal back in 2012.

And I don't plan to keep the forum regularly updated on the size of my waistline in perpetuity, but since you ask: Over the past two years or so, I gained a lot of the weight back. Recently, however, after far too much procrastination, I decided enough was enough. I'm losing weight again, and this time when I'm done I plan to make some long-term lifestyle changes to keep it off.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

"and this time when I'm done I plan to make some long-term lifestyle changes to keep it off"

good ! thats the real challenge and thats the way to go! Lifestyle changes !!!

Beer is a drug after all and as an addictive substance it is difficult for some people to do it in moderation.

But it is not as is beer has some kind of "belly gut" component. You can follow the diet of a unicorn-adoring vegan and you will get fat if you are in a surplus. It's the way the body works. Cannot get around that.

Guy, don't bother doing anything extreme. If it hurts, you will end up giving up eventually any way so you might as well start by finding something feasible that makes sense to you and your lifestyle. Godspeed.
    CRF250

Quote Originally Posted by the44secs View Post
    Guy, don't bother doing anything extreme.
    +1. Small but steady change works best.
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

Quote Originally Posted by the44secs View Post
    Guy, don't bother doing anything extreme. If it hurts, you will end up giving up eventually any way so you might as well start by finding something feasible that makes sense to you and your lifestyle. Godspeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rider2371 View Post
    +1. Small but steady change works best.
    Thanks for the advice, but the real challenge for me isn't losing weight. It's in maintaining a healthy weight after I'm done losing it. Basically, I need to avoid thinking that there are only two mental states I can be in with regard to food: On a diet, or eating (and drinking) whatever I want.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    Basically, I need to avoid thinking that there are only two mental states I can be in with regard to food: On a diet, or eating (and drinking) whatever I want.
    You can be both. I eat a diet that allows me to eat whatever I want and not put on weight. It's just that I don't want to eat crap. I eat to full several times a day and my BMI is within a healthy range. It's about choosing a diet that is not so restrictive that it's unsustainable, but that is enjoyable and healthy.

Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualta View Post
    You can be both.
    Of course you can, in the sense of your "diet" being whatever you eat. I'm referring to the more specific subcategory of weight-loss diets.

And you also have a very broad definition of what constitutes "crap", but we won't get into that now.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Work out and eat whatever you want. Seems to work for this guy :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Japanviking View Post
    Work out and eat whatever you want. Seems to work for this guy :-)

Exactly the opposit if eat the right things and avoid bad one you can actually get by even working out 3 times a week...

I am in this field for over20 years.. Lifestyle, food, mind control.. You choose what you want to be !
    some people just don't believe enough in the power they have within them .. It's easyer to find excuses (I am to old, that's not for me,I canno do it, that's the way l am or that's the way l was brought up...) the list goes on and on...

Be strong and choose the life you want for yourself!