Thread: New Gaijin Rider from the Netherlands! (Living in Nishinomiya, Hyogo)

Default New Gaijin Rider from the Netherlands! (Living in Nishinomiya, Hyogo)

Hello Gaijin Riders!

My name is Rick, 22 years old, and I'm from the Netherlands. I am doing a 9-month internship at a large Japanese company in Kobe and I arrived here two months ago. In the Netherlands, I own a 1991 FZR 1000 which I mainly use during the weekends in the summer (Riding in the winter is not my thing ). As the weather in Japan is getting better now, I want to start riding here as well .

The only problem is that I still have not decided if I am going to buy a bike here or rent one a couple of times. I prefer to buy a bike, but I have not fully investigated al the costs yet: purchase price, road taxes, insurance. What do you guys think is the best option?

Anyway, I am looking for enthusiastic riders in the Kansai area that also want to explore Japan by bike in the weekends! And if someone has a cheap bike for sale in the Kansai area, please contact me!

Rick

Hi Rick

Welcome neighbour! Myself and Kyotoviking also live in Nishinomiya, close to Hankyu-Shukugawa station. Where are you located?

Between us I'm sure we can put you right and introduce you to other Kansai Riders; KR's an active and social sub-group of Gaijin Riders. Some day rides and a Shikoku Golden Week camping trip coming up. PM me and we can arrange to meet up locally.

Jules
    "That's a man's corner for men, that is." Guy Martin, Isle of Man

Welcome
    Lots of good rides and riders in this area( kansai). Weather your a road rider or a rindo rider you won't be bored and there's lots to do.
    As Myapasso mentioned golden week is coming up and there's a couple trips starting in Kansai a rindo group and a road ride and I'm sure everyone no matter your style will welcome you to join.
    Again welcome and enjoy your time in japan
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by Mayapaso View Post
    Hi Rick

Welcome neighbour! Myself and Kyotoviking also live in Nishinomiya, close to Hankyu-Shukugawa station. Where are you located?

Between us I'm sure we can put you right and introduce you to other Kansai Riders; KR's an active and social sub-group of Gaijin Riders. Some day rides and a Shikoku Golden Week camping trip coming up. PM me and we can arrange to meet up locally.

Jules
    I am living between Imazu station and Hanshin-Kokudo station (Hankyu line). So probably we are not neighbours, but at least we are living in the same city :)

And thanks for the quick replies!

Welcome!
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk9100 View Post
    I am living between Imazu station and Hanshin-Kokudo station (Hankyu line). So probably we are not neighbours, but at least we are living in the same city :)

And thanks for the quick replies!
    welcome, i lived in the same neighborhood when i first came to japan. you could sure do a lot worse! i love nishinomiya! hope to see you out on the road or at a pub night soon.

Welcome!
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

Hello. Welcome to GR and Kansai. I'm living between JR. Sakurashukugawa and hankyu shukugawa. Riding a Yamaha TDM 900, mostly on weekdays. Have to work weekends, so recently I'm a solo rider.
    Hope to see you on the road sometime anyway.

Welcome. My family is from Kobe and I spent many summers in Nishinomiya. When I visit, I stay with family close to Sakurashukugawa.
    KTM 690 E; DoD#1458

Welcome aboard!
    Bit of advice, Never create a forum account and screen name after drinking heavily and imagining stupid shit you would like to do before you die.