Thread: Triumph 800XC , first impressions...

Default Triumph 800XC , first impressions...

So I picked up an 2012 XC off EBay for a reasonable price , only saw the pics so it's a bit of a gamble but my offer was low enough to justify it...

the he bike was delivered on Thurs , plated Friday and today I put 400+ miles on it , ...1st impressions.....

i am in love ........, the seating position is spot on , allows you to get a little naughty in the twisties and also is super comfortable , even with the upswept exhaust and Cali sunshine my colon remained (thankfully) uncooked ...TMI ...??

my route took me over the mountain from palm springs towards San Diego , lots of twisties and nice straights ( got nicked there on my gsxr) ..I found the bike would hold the line and tip in very well with small amount of input considering the circus sized front wheel ....did not get a chance to try out the ABS but the brakes did a great job when asked ..also took it up a fire trail to see how it behaved on the loose stuff ....here the torquey motor works wonders and turning ABS off allows for fun into and out of the corners ....not sure I would want to take it on a real Mx track but it performs better than me on the trails .....

things I like ..... Weight (am comparing it unfairly to the gs1200 I tried to muscle around on the trails in japan) ....seating position for the distance ,sweepers and town work ....has an engine that's torquey but you get the best out of it by working it ( I miss 2 strokes )...looks , it's pretty

things i I don't like , .....the tank is super wide so prevents you from getting over the front when stood up on the loose stuff , I felt like a scouce hooker splayed open....(TMI again ? ) ....although the seat/bar position works perfectly when you want to shift your weight backwards ....

early days yet yet but so far am delighted with the 800 , not sure how it compare to stock as this one has Leo vince pipe , power commander , aftermarket suspension , triumph bash plate and rad guard , heated grips ( not so useful today)...adjustable screen , led conversion....

if u get the chance try one.....pics below ...

have a a great day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

I should be in SoCal for work in the coming months. Where do you keep the keys

Great looking bike! Jealous!

Absolutely loved mine - awesome bit of kit so congratulations on your purchase

They will go just about anywhere and have a huge following with ADV guys in Aus and the US

Looks like you already have a few farkles on it too :)

Here's a pic of mine the day I sold it :(

Let me know if I can be of any help as mine was set up pretty well - a great mod is unifilter which replaces the snorkel - especailly if you are riding off pavement

With a 35L + Safari Tank they can be a bit top heavy in tight techinical stuff but still light enough to pick up - hopefully you wont get to test that as I did lol
    Last edited by Lucky Pete; 17-08-15 at 12:14 AM.

Nice bike Rob, looking forward to reading about your exploits on it.

Rob have you been able to do any kms on it? Interested to hear what you think