Thread: Best helmet shops and helmets

Default Best helmet shops and helmets

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a good helmet that I wish to carry with me to my country.

I am looking for a great shop that has a big collection of helmets in and around Yokohama.

1. Greatly appreciate if you could direct me to helmet shops
    2. Suggest me a best helmet with following features: Certified, bluetooth headphones, double visor, trendy design and more importantly modular, light weight and very safe/tough.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards
    Prabhakar

Highly recommend buying a helmet without bluetooth integration, and purchasing a Sena instead. That will give you a much larger range of safe and cool helmets to choose from. You'll also be buying a helmet that's designed to be a helmet, and a headset that was designed to be a headset rather than a helmet that pretends to have a headset or a headset that pretends to be a helmet.

Also, a modular helmet isn't as safe as a full face helmet, but if you insist on that, then I suggest the Shoei Neotec which is both modular and has an inner visor.

Naps is probably the best chain in your area that I know of. Others may have other suggestions.

Also, if the helmet breaks, you can still use the Sena. And vice-versa.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Thank you so much for the valuable suggestion, I will look for the helments and BT headsets separately. Can you tell what is Naps, is there any link to it? Do you have any other recommendations other than Shoei Neotec which appears to be very costly (40000 JPY etc).

Thats right, do you have any suggestions for the helmets and BT headsets, would be helpful.

The Shark Evoline 3 scored 5 star rating in testing equal to best conventional helmets.

The helmet safety scheme site may be of interest.

On the other hand the differences between a 3 star and 5 star are minor and not like comparing a 2 star Chinese car and a 5 star European car with 10 airbags. Despite clever marketing we are all still relying on a simple bit of foam inside a hard shell to slow impact and beyond a certain speed of deceleration the brain will not survive regardless how much the helmet can take. Perhaps look for the one that fits the best is as good a choice as any.

Default Best helmet shops and helmets

Quote Originally Posted by svrkprabhakar View Post
    Thank you so much for the valuable suggestion, I will look for the helments and BT headsets separately. Can you tell what is Naps, is there any link to it? Do you have any other recommendations other than Shoei Neotec which appears to be very costly (40000 JPY etc).
    To be honest, 40000 is cheapish, for good helmets (arai shoei). There are cheaper, but they aren't as good/are much heavier.

By aren't as good I don't mean unsafe. More, the padding isn't as thick, the hinges squeak, fogging up, noisier. That kind of thing.

I am guessing anything with a Japanese safety sticker on it will do the job.