Thread: Problem displaying threads.

Default Problem displaying threads.

Something has gotten into the forum. I have an error on the front page that reads:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6988

When displaying a new thread, I have these errors:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6988

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5615) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4513

I'm having the same issues today.

Still happening? I am using Chrome and don't see any errors.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Scrap that. The hosting company upgraded the PHP version on their server.
    Will see if they can move the forum to a older version of php.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Choices seem to be upgrade ( not sure i can get it free so if not $250 )
    or try to get shifted to an older server with pre 5.5 PHP.

Entry-level DV hosting is usually available for not much more than shared, and you can install whatever you want on it. Amazon AWS charges $15/month, and they will give you the first year for free.

And the error only occurs when using the &goto=newposts function. Remove that line, problem gone.

Quote Originally Posted by rtfm View Post
    And the error only occurs when using the &goto=newposts function. Remove that line, problem gone.
    There's more wrong than that, and removing that line could break other things. Better to upgrade or move.

Posting new messages as well as editing messages are also broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    If you have a license, you have free lifetime upgrades.

I don't know what host or plan you're on currently Jav ( looks like https://www.icdsoft.com/ ?), or whether you want shared or virtual private servers, but Digital Ocean have a decent reputation now; I've been on Pair.com for ages and always had good support - specifically of late with PHP versions! I don't know much about vBulletin or moving that around, so no advice there.

Certainly let us all know what we can do to help!
    2016 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer 2016 - // 2006 Honda CB400 Super Four 2006-2016
    www.nanikore.net

Quote Originally Posted by dmizer View Post
    If you have a license, you have free lifetime upgrades.
    Just need to find the password.............

Quote Originally Posted by nanikore View Post
    I don't know what host or plan you're on currently Jav ( looks like https://www.icdsoft.com/ ?), or whether you want shared or virtual private servers, but Digital Ocean have a decent reputation now; I've been on Pair.com for ages and always had good support - specifically of late with PHP versions! I don't know much about vBulletin or moving that around, so no advice there.

Certainly let us all know what we can do to help!
    Asked them to put the forum back to 5.3 so i have time to get the software updated. Thanks for the hosting recommendation.