Thread: Shipment from USA not arriving -- who do you call?

Default Shipment from USA not arriving -- who do you call?

A small package was forwarded from my USA address by Air Mail by the forwarding company on 11/25. It hasn't arrived yet. The company provided me a Customs number for the package. Has this happened to you? Where do you start to try and resolve it?

Yup, sure has happened a couple of times!
    Packages sent from Germany by air mail 5 to 6 weeks .......
    But they did arrive!
    If you have a tracking number, that should help!
    If not you should call the responsible customs office (in my case it was always Kanagawa (Kawasaki-higashi).
    They sometimes like to sit on those things, check everything to the smallest detail.
    In case they are responsible for you, too (and I strongly assume so), here is their web-site: http://www.customs.go.jp/english/com...awasaki_om.htm
    Hope this helps.
    Klaus D.
    A Kraut living in Japan

Default Customs and so on

double post, sorry, Admin please delete this one here, thanx!!!
    Klaus D.
    A Kraut living in Japan

LOL waiting here too for a package from the US

Christmas/New Years - nothing happens fast.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I can tell you now that everything is scrutinized by customs this time of year and it can sit for a week or two as they go through the process of a/. clearing a whole influx of international parcels arriving and b/. seeing if they can claim tax and duty on anything. In future if you want to beat this the parcel needs to touch down in Japan before December 14th.

However in your case it looks like it has now been passed on to UPS, Kuroneko etc for delivery - when you pull up the tracking info on the Japan post website does it tell you who has it?

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    However in your case it looks like it has now been passed on to UPS, Kuroneko etc for delivery - when you pull up the tracking info on the Japan post website does it tell you who has it?
    Although the company that forwarded the item had a Customs number, the JP Post Office says that unless the item was sent via EMS, as a postal item it just enters the regular mail when it lands in Japan.
    So, they could see that my item left the U.S. on X date via Los Angeles, but they have no record of it after that.