Thread: Compatibility Gerblings coax cable & Warm n Safe

Default Compatibility Gerblings coax cable & Warm n Safe

Hello !

Long time not passing by the forum. A lot of work so not much time for riding or spending time on Gaijin Riders to follow what's going on unfortunately.

Weather is getting colder and colder while my coax cable is oxidized (rubber protection broke up). I was browsing on Warm n Safe website to buy a replacement for the coax cable in case WD40 does not fix the oxidation... But them shipping costs are insane. I don't really want to pass threw a proxy to get my item so, was looking if I can find something compatible.

So, I've found the Gerbings cable and I was wondering if the coax size will fit with my Warm n Safe gears.
    http://www.motoblouz.com/vente-cable...oto-46507.html

If anyone tried, would be interested by the feedback.

Thanks!

Did you contact the Warm and Safe guys in Japan directly? They might be able to save you on shipping.
    '12-'xx - KTM 690smc (stolen) / 990SM-T
    '07-'12 - Honda CB400 / CB1000
    '01-'06 - Yamaha V-Star 650 / 1250

Eat Ramen! www.ramenadventures.com

I try to connect with the Warm and safe vendor in this forum ..never a replay..
    Then after some research l just went to a Harley shop in Nakano .. very friendly they had what l need. A bit more expensive then buying on internet from states, but shipping and time at the end was ok.

Not living in Japan anymore so not really an option to me...

Did not have to use the heated jacket and gloves last year, the winter was particularly warm in France.

Bought the Gerblings cable, really cheap option because no import fee and postage fee. But bike stolen...
    Then, ordered it again. Mounted and today was particularly cold. Was not sure if the coax cable had the same polarity (same diameter anyway). Tried with the USB charger to check if it blows out after connexion (cheaper to blow out an USB charger than an heated jacket). And worked!

Finally plugged my warm n safe heated jacket and glove, no issue whatsoever. Saved my day remembering how great this is to have heated jacket and gloves.

So in short:
    Warm n Safe & Gerblings connections are the same.

Probably also interesting for you in Japan, finding Gerblings items locally. So no fear to have if your original coax connector is corroded. Take a local Gerblings one ;)