Thread: Recommended routes from Touring Mapple

Default Recommended routes from Touring Mapple

I usually drive with Google maps and look up the best routes in the Touring Mapple books. But I don't really like using the books so I started putting the recommended roads (purple roads in the books) of the 2015 Kanto and 2014 Chubu editions in Google maps. I also added the 1-2 day trips from the small booklets.

Here is the link: Google maps

PS: if you would like to help and add the purple roads from the other prefectures, please let me know.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails touring mapple.jpg  
    Last edited by wannaplay; 08-05-16 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wannaplay View Post
    I usually drive with Google maps and look up the best routes in the Touring Mapple books. But I don't really like using the books so I started putting the recommended roads (purple roads in the books) of the 2015 Kanto and 2014 Chubu editions in Google maps. I also added the 1-2 day trips from the small booklets.

Here is the link: Google maps

PS: if you would like to help and add the purple roads from the other prefectures, please let me know.
    Wow this is awesome man. Thank you so much. Will try to collaborate. Cheers!

I finished adding all the recommended roads (purple roads) + access roads (light purple roads) + dirt tracks (pink roads) from the 2015 Kanto Mapple book.

This is great. But all those purple roads are so far away from me . . . As I explore Aichi I'll try and remember to pass on information so you can add to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biflindi View Post
    This is great. But all those purple roads are so far away from me . . . As I explore Aichi I'll try and remember to pass on information so you can add to it.
    I just added the purple roads in Aichi. I am slowly working through the Chubu Mapple book now.

I finished adding all the purple roads in the Chubu Mapple book too. I never knew there was such a high density of great roads in the Kansai area.

Thanks for all of the work, this is great.

I can only agree - a great asset. Thanks heaps!!.. if you get to doing Kyushu - let me know!!cheers..

Very Useful ! Thank you very much :)

This is great work, thanks for sharing it with the community.

I'm planning to go to Hokkaido this summer so I have started to add the purple roads in Tohoku. I don't have much time now so I'm skipping all the side roads (light purple roads) and dirt tracks.

It would be nice if others could help though...

I notice this map extension for Google Maps went dark today. Any idea what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by G-rider View Post
    I notice this map extension for Google Maps went dark today. Any idea what happened?
    I just fixed the viewing permissions.

I just fixed the viewing permissions.
    Cool, thanks.

How did you make these types of maps. Very useful. I have the Mapples but dont speak Japanese well enough to use.

Quote Originally Posted by G-rider View Post
    Cool, thanks.

How did you make these types of maps. Very useful. I have the Mapples but dont speak Japanese well enough to use.
    I just manually drew all the purple line that are in the Mapple books.

Default Recommended routes from Touring Mapple

I just manually drew all the purple line that are in the Mapple books.
    Well done...and thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Best to enter a corner slow and exit fast, than enter fast and exit [/COLOR]dead[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR]