Thread: second hand bike and car market

Default second hand bike and car market

Hi all, I'm from the UK and am accustomed to a plentiful indeed a vibrant used vehicle market. It would be unusual to be out and about for a day and not see cars and bikes for sale by private people on the street or in driveways, ebay in the uk is mostly private sales.
    I know about yahoo auctions, but it's nearly all traders and bike shops.

So help me out, is the used bike market so totally sown up? I miss looking for used bikes, maybe I also want to dabble and buy and sell for some fun. In the UK i would normally change my bike every year. But there is no way I can do that and pay the dealers livelihood.

I don't know what bikes you're looking at, but I've seen plenty of private sellers on yahoo auctions. Maybe that's only old bikes though.

Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RedSquare
    Some pithy saying about biking, or a quote from a self-styled guru. Take your pick.

Craigslist. Cheers, as for bikes I'm tempted by a gs1150 1200 or an africa twin for a possable return trip to the UK, I also want a 250 dirt bike as a mobile gym, on that note I haven't seen a single xr400 for sale, or a xr650l, it would be nice to see and old rd250 rd400 somewhere LC if we're not so fussy….. or even a fs1e. I've had plenty of sports bikes and sports tourers but the roads round here are all straight grids occupied by blind drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by rich 400 View Post
    I'm tempted by a gs1150 1200
    If you decide to go with the BMW, I'd avoid the dry clutch 1150 and go with the much easier to maintain wet clutch 1200.

Quote Originally Posted by dmizer View Post
    If you decide to go with the BMW, I'd avoid the dry clutch 1150 and go with the much easier to maintain wet clutch 1200.
    Air cooled 1200 FTW :) 86k km dry clutch never skipped a beat ;)
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

Rich, check out goobike.com. Pretty sure you'll find all kinds of bike on there.

Better yet, PM Jav on this forum, or email him at sales@apexmoto.jp, he can get you a second hand bike to your liking and budget from the dealer auction.
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

Interesting comment because unlike where ever I've been before you dont see 2nd hand cars and bikes on the side of the road for sale or in peoples front yards nor are there classifieds sections in the local newspaper advertising them - at least not up here

I asked my girl the other day how Japanese people sell second hand things like a car she and she was rather amused - you either throw it away or trade it in when you are done with things

Needless to say here car has a For Sale on it - anyone want to be a well loved Cube?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Pete View Post
    Interesting comment because unlike where ever I've been before you dont see 2nd hand cars and bikes on the side of the road for sale or in peoples front yards nor are there classifieds sections in the local newspaper advertising them - at least not up here

I asked my girl the other day how Japanese people sell second hand things like a car she and she was rather amused - you either throw it away or trade it in when you are done with things

Needless to say here car has a For Sale on it - anyone want to be a well loved Cube?
    Not sure up in hakuba but in the met area, space and parking are at such a premium that no one wants an old car hanging around. They want it out and a new one in. Plus as "no" companies give time off on weekdays doing the paperwork your self can be a pain.

Just easier to take it to a dealer on Saturday and pick up your new motor the next weekend. Not cheaper, but easier. It's that laziness that keeps the auctions overflowing.

Jav is your man for auction bikes. Not sure about cars.

Anyone on here have a car auction license?

Sent from my 401SO using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rich 400 View Post
    Craigslist. Cheers, as for bikes I'm tempted by a gs1150 1200 or an africa twin for a possable return trip to the UK, I also want a 250 dirt bike as a mobile gym, on that note I haven't seen a single xr400 for sale, or a xr650l, it would be nice to see and old rd250 rd400 somewhere LC if we're not so fussy….. or even a fs1e. I've had plenty of sports bikes and sports tourers but the roads round here are all straight grids occupied by blind drivers.
    Dealers need to make a living as well :)

I have a Serow 225 for sale for 95,000

I see XR650R's and XR400's on the dealer auction from time to time. Not so many in private sales.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeonhisown View Post
    Not sure up in hakuba but in the met area, space and parking are at such a premium that no one wants an old car hanging around. They want it out and a new one in. Plus as "no" companies give time off on weekdays doing the paperwork your self can be a pain.

Just easier to take it to a dealer on Saturday and pick up your new motor the next weekend. Not cheaper, but easier. It's that laziness that keeps the auctions overflowing.

Jav is your man for auction bikes. Not sure about cars.

Anyone on here have a car auction license?

Rees Thomas on Facebook is a decent bloke to deal with for auction cars.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Rees Thomas on Facebook is a decent bloke to deal with for auction cars.
    Good to know. Might have to hit him up sooner or later what with the little one here, she will be too big to fit in the givi soon. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Adeonhisown View Post
    she will be too big to fit in the givi soon. Lol