Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever thought about marrying a Japanese girl

Default Have you ever thought about marrying a Japanese girl

OK, how many of you are married to Japanese gals? And if so, does she like to ride bikes and are in to it like you are?

For me, I've had one bike in the States, she said sell it, so I traded it for a Fender Super Reverb Guitar amp. That was my 3rd bike.

I married one, three kids.
    Me, and every single gaijin, and every Japanese man I talk to about this, says
    Great girlfriends
    Iffy fiancÚ
    Bossy wife
    Total BSC bitch once mother, you become plough horse, her hamster is on overdrive
    Swallow a red pill now, and DO NOT MARRY.
    They have no natural sex drive (hence crashing population) and sex is only used to manipulate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RedSquare
    Some pithy saying about biking, or a quote from a self-styled guru. Take your pick.

If you're with a girl that doesn't accept you for who you are, why bothering staying with her.
    Keep the bike and leave the girl.

Life is hard enough, why making it harder?

Hey guys, I'm glad I posted this.

pass me a beer ..this is going to be the funnyist thread yet

Quote Originally Posted by RedSquare View Post
    I married one, three kids.
    Me, and every single gaijin, and every Japanese man I talk to about this, says
    Great girlfriends
    Iffy fiancÚ
    Bossy wife
    Total BSC bitch once mother, you become plough horse, her hamster is on overdrive
    Swallow a red pill now, and DO NOT MARRY.
    They have no natural sex drive (hence crashing population) and sex is only used to manipulate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. There are a few good, sweet Japanese women and marriages and some guys live happily ever after marrying their J girls, but….

The saying: Japanese girls make the best girlfriends and the worst wives is true in most cases. The problem is that they tend to change so much going from GF to wife, you won’t know until you are already in too deep and screwed!

Be afraid, be very afraid and be warned!

I'm about to get married in October and think it's the smartest thing I'll do but then I'm not very smart

The vast majority of my mates up here have already done so and are no happier/unhappier than my mates back in Australia although the J wives certainly look after them better than most western wives in many respects

The only thing my girl is full on about is no more tattoos

Go for it - what could go wrong? :)
    Last edited by Lucky Pete; 04-07-16 at 12:10 PM.

Happily married for 16 years with 2 kids great home life and sex life - Bossy..... Yeah I'll give you that one but I think it comes with any marriage although I think mine maybe different as we met in the UK and lived together there for several years before moving to Japan.

Bought my first bike this year and now taking lessons to get my Ogata License and she's cool with me upgrading to a new bike once I have the new license. Very supportive off the stuff I do as long as it doesn't mess with the status quo - but that goes for her too - so communication is key.

As others have said, if you are having to change who you are to make someone else happy then they are not the person to be with - ditch the girl get another bike

I was with a J-Girl here in the States for four years. This was before I could speak Japanese. We were on the path to marriage, kids, etc. until she realized that I'm the never going to change type. Then she bailed. She married a guy that was so much like me it wasn't even funny. He left her within a year--but hey she got her green card. loz She's now "happily" married according to my mom who still stays in touch with her.

I haven't dated a Japanese girl since. But not out of any specifics. Just never met one where I thought it would go anywhere. »\_(ツ)_/» Still open to it though. I think the mix genetically is favorable (I'm a biologist). :P

Red you had me busting up. :) lolz

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    Happily married for 16 years with 2 kids great home life and sex life - Bossy.....
    ... so communication is key...
    I'd agree with Far East more than some others, but...
    Many people, Japanese and foreigners, tend to see men as the problem in Japan (not being with family etc..), but after many years here I believe it is very much a two way street. I don't know what happens in the West, but I've heard of more than a few incidences in Japan involving bossiness and aggression by the women and a slackness to pull their weight, which to me is a failure to change antiquated ways (women home, men work) just as bad as any man. I do know others who get on great with no problems. I also think younger generations are getting better, and that there is a difference in both men and women in those under 40 and those over 40 (my impression).

Language can be a big problem if in Japan. If you don't know Japanese well, then you are always relying on your wife for a lot of important information. Decide your finances too. How much you'll get to yourselves to spend.

Don't have people change who you are.
    Someone on this forum has a slogan - "A man will marry a woman expecting her not to change. A woman will marry a man and expect him to change" This is where problems begin.

Edit
    I'd have to add that if you both enjoy doing something together or both have an interest in, then things should be better.

Met and married a Japanese woman. We met stateside and now live here in Japan have a daughter we built a house.
    I ride my bike and have my music and other hobbies and so does my wife. We have a good balance. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    It works for us.
    Do what you feel is right for you both.
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

I think every single case is a little different but if you had a super computer that could number crunch every single piece of data and experience from all marriages, you'd end up with the results ever so lightly leaning towards the O.P's description.

Roll the dice, sonny boy.

I tend to agree with redsquare. Everything he said tends to be the common stereo type. I'm in the same situation married, 2 kids, and Ive seen my wife change drastically over the course of our relationship. It just depends on who you marry. It takes some years before you truly know someone so I wouldn't rush for marriage. Finding a girl who loves bikes is always a plus :P. Mines hates bikes....... FML

My wife and I have been together since 2003. She was a great girlfriend. She`s a great mother. And we get along really well. The problem is: we have two young children and live in a tiny apartment. So not much play time or even time alone. She`s not bossy and never has been. I don`t know what kind of women you guys are dating/married too, but they are a dime a dozen here. If you`re not happy and have even a tiny bit of doubt, move on. Life is too short.

I will add that when we were in our 30s her sex drive was much higher. But I think that is normal for all women. And she never even questioned me when I told her that I wanted a motorcycle. I guess it helps that she has a 中型 license. My son asks me almost every day about my motorcycle so I`m sure that he will end up with one in the future too.

"They have no natural sex drive (hence crashing population) and sex is only used to manipulate." I will agree with this though. I have known a lot of guys that have had problems because of this.

"Language can be a big problem if in Japan." This is a really big problem, not so much for me as we tend to use both English and Japanese. But completely relying on a wife can cause a lot of stress. I did that when I first came over in 2000 and the previous relationship didn`t last. I met a Japanese girl in the U.S. We ended up here and she only wanted to speak English once we came over here. It made my life very stressful. And so I decided to move on. Maybe I`m a bit selfish but living here and not speaking at least a little bit of Japanese is very stressful.

"They have no natural sex drive (hence crashing population) and sex is only used to manipulate."

I guess my wife is constantly trying to manipulate me

There is a reason for the word tsunokakushi:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsunokakushi

Dodged that ball, luckily. It took me dating a dozen of them to realise 90% have some kind of mental problem/family issues.
    Regarding the motorcycles, some of them wouldn't like to go for a ride because the helmet would mess their hairdo. It goes without saying those lasted the least.
    Flash forward several years, happily married to a non-Japanese, both living and working in Nihon. It is Priceless when your SO gets you so well and is not one of "the others". Plus I hope we can move somewhere else when the kids reach school age, so they are not brainwashed... All my friends that married to a Japanese lady and went to live overseas, she couldn't stand it after some years and she ended up dragging them all back to Yamato, against their will in most of the cases, but the kids... And I have also heard first hand stories about the zero sex drive after becoming a mom. Scary shit guys.
    I apologise if I am hurting anybody's feelings, but just talking from my experience. I am very happy for those who found the 10% of keepers here :)

Y'all are killing my dream. I've dated women (in the U.S.) who either said "no bikes" or "it has to be a cruiser so I can ride with you", but I didn't date them for long. I mean, what's the point?

My goal is to find someone who rides her own motorcycle but isn't the stereotypical "biker chick". And I have dated someone like that in Japan, but she ended up marrying someone who lives there (whereas I only visit 1-2 times a year).

Still, I'll keep looking...

Picked my wife up for our first date in the U.S. on my bike. Have ridden them ever since so she's at peace with it. We toured Italy on a BMW for our honeymoon, and she convinced me to get a touring bike (FJR) after we got back so she could ride along. Had many fun camping trips on it. As somebody said, you gotta find the right one!! They're out there! If she isn't a biker already, take her for a spin somewhere with nice views, stop at an onsen/nice restaurant and get her into it slowly.

My girl isn't interested in getting on a bike which is fine by me - its my thing and my time whilst she does her thing - works well for us