Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you ever thought about marrying a Japanese girl

Default Have you ever thought about marrying a Japanese girl

I guess everybody's experience is different. Speaking as someone married to a Japanese woman I do not agree with his "coin in the jar" theory at all. If I had done that when we were dating and started removing after we were married it would have been empty long ago....
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    I guess everybody's experience is different. Speaking as someone married to a Japanese woman I do not agree with his "coin in the jar" theory at all. If I had done that when we were dating and started removing after we were married it would have been empty long ago....
    It is one that can find a gracious women in his life to share, you found one. Maybe the "coin in the jar" is the way some foreigners way of thinking. I actually never heard of it till now.

Yeah this was the first I heard that expression myself..
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

I wish I could find the exact words Ed Mills used in a Usenet post to describe the marrying a Japanese woman way back when Usenet was still a thing. It went something like:

"They look great on the showroom floor but you drive one off the lot and they depreciate faster than a Cadillac".

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    Lucky boy

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Best to enter a corner slow and exit fast, than enter fast and exit Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
    I wish I could find the exact words Ed Mills used in a Usenet post to describe the marrying a Japanese woman way back when Usenet was still a thing. It went something like:

"They look great on the showroom floor but you drive one off the lot and they depreciate faster than a Cadillac".
    Funny.....us humans we are all unique, different circumstances, different expectations in life. Sex and how often is very personal, men's and women's needs are different, for example, my whole family, two almost teenage boys, my wife and myself share one bedroom, the floor is basically a large futon. So the jar is on hold at the moment.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Best to enter a corner slow and exit fast, than enter fast and exit Dead.

Funny thread that has pretty much nothing to do with motorcycling. :)

Used to be a member here years ago, but lost interest and forgot my ID & password since... Time on my hands today so out of curiousity I dropped in, saw this thread and thought I may as well sign up and post a response.

Been married 13 years and we were together for 3 years prior. 2 beautiful kids now, 9 bikes now and several performance cars, a camper and daily drivers for she & I. She never bats an eyelid at what I buy, nor worries if I ride one of the bikes. She knows I like speed but am not an idiot and stay safe.
    Says as long as the bills are paid and there's food on the table, she doesn't mind what I do. And I still control the money, but then I'm a businessman, she's a house wife.
    She loves dancing & travel and I have never stopped her. By the same token, she allows me to follow my mechanical passions where our interests don't converge. We promised we'd never try to change one another when we married.

Still love each other and having great sex, better than ever (I won't elaborate) but not as frequent. I'm not as horny as I used to be in my 30's & nor is she, but we've grown to really understand one another over time and all is good. My wife is still a stunner in her mid 40's and I tell her so all the time. Keep the flame alive if it's there.

A few words of advice though, which might help keep the flame alive after marriage.
    DON'T sleep with the kids in the same room!! - that'll put a large nail in the coffin where sex is concerned. It's pretty obvious. Have the baby in a cot next to the bed if necessary & agree before that the kids have their own bedroom once breast feeding is over. It won't harm their mental health. Somewhere they won't hear you as they grow up. The wife needs to be comfortable when being intimate with you, not afraid of waking the kids.

Women don't have much sex drive after birth. Their boobs hurt when they're enlarged and they're suffering from fatigue most of the time for the first year or two.
    Care for her and dedicate time to the baby to give her a break. She'll appreciate it. Be a lovable guy.
    Massage her, give her affection, communicate and enjoy time together. Surprise her. Go out on dates, even after starting a family, it helps.
    Did a lot for us to out out every Friday night alone together (need a baby sitter of course) and became a favourite time for each of us.
    Learn what your wife likes and dedicate yourself to perfecting your love making techniques for her. And remember: The lady always comes first...

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Funny thread that has pretty much nothing to do with motorcycling. :)

Used to be a member here years ago, but lost interest and forgot my ID & password since... Time on my hands today so out of curiousity I dropped in, saw this thread and thought I may as well sign up and post a response.

Been married 13 years and we were together for 3 years prior. 2 beautiful kids now, 9 bikes now and several performance cars, a camper and daily drivers for she & I. She never bats an eyelid at what I buy, nor worries if I ride one of the bikes. She knows I like speed but am not an idiot and stay safe.
    Says as long as the bills are paid and there's food on the table, she doesn't mind what I do. And I still control the money, but then I'm a businessman, she's a house wife.
    She loves dancing & travel and I have never stopped her. By the same token, she allows me to follow my mechanical passions where our interests don't converge. We promised we'd never try to change one another when we married.

Still love each other and having great sex, better than ever (I won't elaborate) but not as frequent. I'm not as horny as I used to be in my 30's & nor is she, but we've grown to really understand one another over time and all is good. My wife is still a stunner in her mid 40's and I tell her so all the time. Keep the flame alive if it's there.

A few words of advice though, which might help keep the flame alive after marriage.
    DON'T sleep with the kids in the same room!! - that'll put a large nail in the coffin where sex is concerned. It's pretty obvious. Have the baby in a cot next to the bed if necessary & agree before that the kids have their own bedroom once breast feeding is over. It won't harm their mental health. Somewhere they won't hear you as they grow up. The wife needs to be comfortable when being intimate with you, not afraid of waking the kids.

Women don't have much sex drive after birth. Their boobs hurt when they're enlarged and they're suffering from fatigue most of the time for the first year or two.
    Care for her and dedicate time to the baby to give her a break. She'll appreciate it. Be a lovable guy.
    Massage her, give her affection, communicate and enjoy time together. Surprise her. Go out on dates, even after starting a family, it helps.
    Did a lot for us to out out every Friday night alone together (need a baby sitter of course) and became a favourite time for each of us.
    Learn what your wife likes and dedicate yourself to perfecting your love making techniques for her. And remember: The lady always comes first...
    The wife comes first. I can relate to that, but... well, anyway forget it. Been with the same gal since 75.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous biker View Post
    OK, how many of you are married to Japanese gals? And if so, does she like to ride bikes and are in to it like you are?
    For me, I've had one bike in the States, she said sell it, so I traded it for a Fender Super Reverb Guitar amp. That was my 3rd bike.
    Married about 18yrs. Never really had any big issues with marriage. Never surrendered any freedoms that are important to me.
    My wife is an angel. Must be to put up with me
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

My gf is significantly younger than I, but we go together like bread & butter.
    She's Japanese by birth but spent her high school and college years in the U.S. and Canada. (Returned to Japan after College)
    This means.... while she's Japanese, she's been exposed to enough western culture to be fluent in English including slang and pop culture stuff.

She could be the one, but I think we need a little more time together to see how we do on a long-term stretch.

We'll see what the future holds -- i just know I cannot get married to a domestic Japanese girl that has zero experience outside of Japan. I just know it won't work....

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Married about 18yrs. Never really had any big issues with marriage. Never surrendered any freedoms that are important to me.
    My wife is an angel. Must be to put up with me
    Ditto the above - although not quite 18 years yet

Had to argue for the bike, but don't think that's anything specific to nationality and more because she had a motorbike accident herself years ago.