Thread: English language insurance recommendations?

Default English language insurance recommendations?

Finally closed the deal on my new bike. Dealer can help with insurance but says his insurance providers don't have English support which has been problematic for other gaijin customers in the past.

Anyone have a recommendation for a great company or agent with English skills?

Had a look through the posts but not much with recent activity.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by G-rider View Post
    Finally closed the deal on my new bike. Dealer can help with insurance but says his insurance providers don't have English support which has been problematic for other gaijin customers in the past.

Anyone have a recommendation for a great company or agent with English skills?

Had a look through the posts but not much with recent activity.

Thanks in advance!
    You might try to post in this forum. http://thejapanesepage.com/

Might find someone who has dealt with English speaking insurance staff.

This was actually talked about in a separate thread.
    But check japan insurance.net. English speaking staff great service
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

DrSuda bike shop has a guy who speaks English and sells bike insurance. Very straightforward and same price as online quotes.
    Of course, all the paperwork that arrives explaining cover is in Japanese, but you don't need to fill any of that in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RedSquare
    Some pithy saying about biking, or a quote from a self-styled guru. Take your pick.

Thanks. I'll have a look.

Apex Moto handles insurance as well, they do mine and it's been super easy.

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt View Post
    Apex Moto handles insurance as well, they do mine and it's been super easy.
    do you have to buy a bike from them

Thanks all.

I ended up with Japan Insurance.net. They gave me a good quote through Tokyo Marine which another friend highly recommended as the provider.

Default Price?

Thanks all.

I ended up with Japan Insurance.net. They gave me a good quote through Tokyo Marine which another friend highly recommended as the provider.
    Hi G-rider,

May I ask how much you pay for your insurance for what kind of coverage?
    I'm looking for an insurance right now and the only information I find are old and look way cheaper than the quote I got.

Thanks a lot.
    Cheers,
    Vito

Your premium will depend on a couple things level of coverage for you and passenger, weather you allow others to ride your bike, weather you do monthly or a 1 time yearly payment.
    Also they DO NOT have theft coverage. Japanese full coverage does not have that. You will need to use a 3rd party.
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

HI,

Sorry for delay.

I have full coverage for other party compensation, 30 million for personal injury, and 2 million full coverage for bike damage with 50,000 deductible. So there are some excessive coverage that I specifically asked for (pricey new bike, young daughter). So the bill for the year about 160,000.

Next year when the insurance lapses i will likely take it down a notch, consider lower coverage for the bike (which will be one year old with 15,000kms or more by August) and also look to combine both of my bikes under one policy (with more on the way.. hmmm.....)

I may also take time to shop it around a bit as well since it could be a bit of a bill so I wouldn't mind saving some gas money.

For theft, I specifically took a 6 month loan from JACCS which had one year free theft insurance included and also gave me a credit card, often hard to get for gaijin in Japan.

If you take lower personal coverage, less coverage on your personal bike, higher deductible you can undoubtedly save some bucks.

The insurance provider was worth some money as they came to my office and sorted it all out for me, so kind of worth saving my time.

G

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    you do monthly or a 1 time yearly payment
    I didn't think of that, thanks a lot!

HI,

Sorry for delay.

I have full coverage for other party compensation, 30 million for personal injury, and 2 million full coverage for bike damage with 50,000 deductible. So there are some excessive coverage that I specifically asked for (pricey new bike, young daughter). So the bill for the year about 160,000.

Next year when the insurance lapses i will likely take it down a notch, consider lower coverage for the bike (which will be one year old with 15,000kms or more by August) and also look to combine both of my bikes under one policy (with more on the way.. hmmm.....)

I may also take time to shop it around a bit as well since it could be a bit of a bill so I wouldn't mind saving some gas money.

For theft, I specifically took a 6 month loan from JACCS which had one year free theft insurance included and also gave me a credit card, often hard to get for gaijin in Japan.

If you take lower personal coverage, less coverage on your personal bike, higher deductible you can undoubtedly save some bucks.

The insurance provider was worth some money as they came to my office and sorted it all out for me, so kind of worth saving my time.

G
    Thank you for answering to my request and for sharing the full details of your insurance, it is really useful to me.
    Based on your information, the quote I got makes more sense.

You saved me some time and trouble, I appreciate, thank you very much!

Have a nice sunny day on the roads!
    Cheers,
    Vito