Thread: Early to mid Nov touring? Weather?

Default Early to mid Nov touring? Weather?

Hello all ya all.

My ballnchain wants to go see her parents and can only get time off in November. My excitement over going to see the Motegi race was squashed pretty quickly.

As i am not a very good plane rider.... lack of control freaks me out. I figured i get 2 birds with one stone and get some touring in as well.

I was thinking of renting a bike around Tokyo and riding 2up down to Osaka to see our friends down there.

What should I be expecting weather wise? I asked her and have a feeling im being had with "oh it's not so bad...not so hot...not too cold" line just to get me into the flying aluminium sausage.

Should i even bother booking a ride in advance or chances are it is going to be a total waste of time?

Also, hows flying over the pacific at that time? Going to europe is usually over the arctic and through steady nortern air... last and only time i went over the aleutians... my dinner ended up on my lap when the plane dropped into a few air holes

First flying over the pacific peice of cake. I do it regularly never an issue. But that's me. If you hate lace of control ... Oh well can't help you there.
    On the weather I'm in the Kyoto/Nara/Osaka area and weather is still riding pleasant. As far as from Tokyo to Osaka day time if will be fine depending on the route might be a bit chilly but great riding weather.
    On a side note, "ball n chain" really a but negative there, don't you think. Just my thoughts and opinions
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

In the most endearing way :)

So ya figure early to mid november should still be ok?

Im not a fan of wet riding and put away my bike once over overnight temps drop to 5c. If day time is dry and around 15...would be ok without having to bring too many layers. 10c i can stand a quick hour boot to my local coffee joint and thats about it.

Wouldnt want to haul my gear over for nothing :(

Day time you should be fine no worries. Although the Tokyo area will be a couple degrees cooler than our area here.
    Temps will drop at night but early mid November still above 5 at night
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

I have ridden south from Tokyo to Kyushu on two week tours the last two years leaving early November.
    Great time to do that trip as can see the autumn colours.
    Temperatures were between 10 degrees to 20 degrees. Warmer again bottom of Kyushu.
    I averaged one wet day per week.

I'm with Warren, great time to tour with the colours and fine weather. Days are short at @11hrs or less though.
    IBA33490

Touge Express

Ohhh. I looked at some sites and it said 5 hr of daylight. Take it that is not correct them.

I have already given up on the idea and figured mario kart around the city would have to do :D