Thread: Piicked up my new ride from Apexmoto! BRRRRraaaap!

Default Picked up my Ducati 821 Stripe from Apexmoto!

I picked up my 2015 Ducati Monster 821S yesterday from Apexmoto.

Got to say guys I had my reservations about going through auctions but John really went the extra mile to explain everything to me and took the time to answer my deluge of noobish questions - way before he even started the search for me.

He not only got me the very specific model of bike I was after that are as rare as hens teeth but also made sure I knew exactly what I was bidding on and gave a pretty good guestimate on the hammer price based on previous (Vast) experience - so I knew what to expect. After the bike was won he made sure I had everything I needed to get the bike registered in my name and new plates and overnight expressed delivered them to me so I could get it all done before the weekend.

Finally they were also able to broker me much better terms on my insurance at a lower price than my last policy so I was able to ride the bike away secure in the knowledge that if anything did happen I had an incredible package to support me.

One last thing that really made the difference - John really took the time out of his busy day to answer again a deluge of questions and even went to elaborate the answers to give me a much better understanding of the bike. (All the time he had a spray job on the go and as a fellow painter I know he must have been itching to get back to it!)

One last thing he did which I really appreciated - he introduced me to the guys at my local Ducati dealership so that I could transfer over the warranty on the bike to my name - when I pulled up at Tomei Ducati I was approached by a member of staff who said "You must be James!"

So again John and the incredible team at Apexmoto - thank you for the incredible service from start to.....well I wouldn't say finish as I will be coming back again in the future!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apex Ducati.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	360.1 KB 
ID:	12193
    Last edited by FarEast; 24-09-16 at 09:53 PM.

Default Piicked up my new ride from Apexmoto! BRRRRraaaap!

Nice bike. Congrats welcome to the land of Ducati owners here in Japan, the 821s is a good bike but not rare here at all.
    You'll be suprised at the amount of DUC owners here on GR. Happy riding
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Racer162, Many thanks....... So happy with the bike and the ride back from Yamanashi was as perfect as it can get...... when I said rare I was referring to the 821 Stripe being available on auctions, been looking for 1 for about 4 months now and nothing. I've seen plenty of 821's up for sale but only 1 Stripe - I almost pulled the trigger on a standard 821 until John contacted me.

Congrats on the bike! Good to see you could finally find what you were after. Very good write up on Apexmoto. Excellent customer service as always and a pleasure to deal with the Apexmoto team! 😎👍

Congrats! Nice color too. TIME NOW

Nice bike! And glad to hear about quality customer service!

I'll be down in Yamanashi myself next week to pick up my very first bike! Not as flash as your Monster, though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bluebriz; 09-09-16 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebriz View Post
    Nice bike! And glad to hear about quality customer service!

I'll be down in Yamanashi myself next week to pick up my first bike! Not as flash as your Monster, though!
    I don't think anyone reads the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by oi oi oi View Post
    I don't think anyone reads the wiki.
    I've no idea why it linked there anyway. I didn't do anything except type the words.

Edit: Edited out the link. Still no idea how it got there, it has nothing to do with me and isn't my story!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bluebriz; 09-09-16 at 11:04 AM.

Ok. Just in case you were wondering why no one replied to that post.

Congrats. Cool bike
    IBA33490

Touge Express

Quote Originally Posted by oi oi oi View Post
    Ok. Just in case you were wondering why no one replied to that post.
    For me that wasn't why. It was reading "BRRRRraaaap!" and not seeing a two stroke. Felt like false advertising!

Still nice bike! ;)