Thread: Thanks for the new ride Klausdorth!

Default Thanks for the new ride Klausdorth!

Everyone was right and I was wrong. I thought I could be content with a 250cc bike, but after one summer I was already dissatisfied. I didn't fit quite right, I couldn't carry that much, it wasn't very fast, and it was not well suited to trips out of the city. I was looking for something that would be good for commuting but also suited for taking camping trips out into the mountains and fit with my chugata license.

After looking high and low I found myself figuring out the logistics of picking up a 1993 Honda Transalp 400 from another user here, Klausdorth. Trying to balance his schedule, my schedule, and the incoming typhoons I found myself on a train last Saturday headed for Matsuyama. He was very accommodating and checking the bike out I hopped on and headed back home. I think he was a little surprised that I was planning on driving it all the back to Nagoya in one shot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trip route2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	347.8 KB 
ID:	12220

It was along ride but I was able to avoid most of the incoming rain. Up until that point I had never visited Shikoku and as I drove back I was struck by how beautiful it was. Although, with an incoming typhoon the winds were strong and as I crossed over the long bridges I felt like I was getting hit by a giant blustery fist. But the bike is now enjoying a new home in Nagoya.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160920_074519.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	376.2 KB 
ID:	12221

Will, thanks for the update. Take good care of her, she was something like a family member. I wish you many, many miles of safe riding and fun! Thanks again for everything and see you around!
    Klaus D.
    A Kraut living in Japan

Looks like a very well maintained bike. Congratulations.

In a related note, a custom Transalp was just posted on Bikeexif.. Quite a transformation.

http://www.bikeexif.com/custom-honda-transalp

Yeah, I saw that. Not much of the transalp left.

Agreed, no TA anymore! This "thing" looks awful!!

And "arber", thanks for the nice comment! She was (also) "my baby"! *_*
    Klaus D.
    A Kraut living in Japan

Congrats on the bike and could not get it from a nicer seller ;)
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Jav thanks, but tell ya, being bikeless already sucks!

Well, as I mentioned before bigger and more important projects are coming up and who knows .....

... guess I'm gonna play the takarakuji in the years to come. *_*
    Klaus D.
    A Kraut living in Japan