Thread: Ducati diagnostics

Default Ducati diagnostics

Hi folks,
    I've got a 2004 Ducati ST4S that is having some trouble starting. It's throwing a check engine light at me, and I'd dearly love to be able to read the codes without having to take it to a stealership. I know it's a long shot, but has anyone on here got the means to check a Duc code? Thought I'd ask before I buy the cables online and began the long, rideless wait for them to arrive.

Alternatively, any recommendations for places I can take it in the Tokyo area that do work on Ducatis?

Quote Originally Posted by revilo View Post
    Hi folks,
    I've got a 2004 Ducati ST4S that is having some trouble starting. It's throwing a check engine light at me, and I'd dearly love to be able to read the codes without having to take it to a stealership. I know it's a long shot, but has anyone on here got the means to check a Duc code? Thought I'd ask before I buy the cables online and began the long, rideless wait for them to arrive.

Alternatively, any recommendations for places I can take it in the Tokyo area that do work on Ducatis?
    Ducatidiag. You need to buy cables, or drop out to Apexmoto and we should be able to check.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Thanks Jav. I did buy the cables but now am having trouble connecting to ducatidiag (actually, ScanMX5 and JPdiag). I'll rip out to Yamanashi one day and see you guys, you'd probably enjoy seeing the progress I've made on the Ducati (Martin's old ST4S).

Quote Originally Posted by revilo View Post
    Thanks Jav. I did buy the cables but now am having trouble connecting to ducatidiag (actually, ScanMX5 and JPdiag). I'll rip out to Yamanashi one day and see you guys, you'd probably enjoy seeing the progress I've made on the Ducati (Martin's old ST4S).
    Hi Martin,

Most likely a driver issue unless you bought a cheap Chinese interface cables.
    Some work and some don't.I bought 4 and two work. The other 2 does not matter the driver,
    they just are not recognised by the software.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Did you sort the problem ?