Thread: Oogata conversion tomorrow

Default Oogata conversion tomorrow

Any hints or saitama specific cheats? I remember the nightmare driving test in Shikoku and it gives me a little ptsd...I mean they failed me for looking TOO often and for not announcing my head movements followed by a firm "YOSH!".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passed on the second try.

Here's the best advice after being through this process twice doing it the hard way and the easy way.

When I got my car license 8 years ago or something the people running the show recommended I buy 10 hours practice time up front or something like that. About 500.00usd. I said bah...who needs that. After taking the test about 7 times each with a sillier fail than the last...I got the pass on number 8. After conferring with other passers the same day we spent an average of 600.00usd on the process. Basically it's a bribe.

This time I figured I'd give it a go right off. Disaster. I followed the map exactly which doesn't exactly match the road ending up going the wrong way on a 2+2. So I took the practice day. Granted it got me comfortable on the funky 1300 vs my Ktm 450 six days...more importantly it got a little card and several more ink stamps on my application. I think this translated into either "paid his dues" or "put some effort in and we feel comfortable passing you easier". I almost made a wrong turn and several missed looks as well as probably going too slow and my signal timing was probably a little off....but still passed.

Moral of the story...do the practice day, it helps more than the obvious bike time. It's another revenue stream for the station....feed the beast and live on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I passed my car MT on the 2nd try ( everyone fails the first ) and I was able to transfer over my us license to the chugata and then took the ogata failed. Then took 2 hours of lessons test specific @3,500 per hour w/JAF discount and then retook the test 3rd time was a charm.
    It's all a racket most all the testers are retired cops some can't even ride but it's basically to keep them employed lol...
    Hey if you mr going to live in a different country ya got to pay to play.... Just the way it is.
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph