Thread: Japan Bike Rental?

Default Japan Bike Rental?

I am planning a 12-15 day trip to Japan in late May of 2017 and am looking to rent a motorcycle for touring. I only found 2 rental companies on Google; are there others that members here can recommend? The plan is to fly in/out of Tokyo, and then head west.

Thanks,
    JT

819 rental has a huge variety located all over, English language option shops also, however they dont setup touring bags or navi systems or PH mounts

japan bike rentals is the name of the company, 5 stars bikes, 5 stars service

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

https://japanbikerentals.com

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Quote Originally Posted by wrk2ride_ride2wrk View Post
    however they dont setup touring bags or navi systems or PH mounts
    I had friends visiting that rented from them so we could tour together. If you ask they can provide GPS and luggage options. The guy at the Ikebukuro shop was very helpful.

Thanks for all the replies. Japanbikerentals and Rental 819 are the two companies that I found on Google. Are these the only options?

I will probably bring my own GPS with routes programmed, and I will travel lightly so I won't necessarily need panniers or a top box.

Apexmoto also rents bikes. You can find the owner Jav in this forum.
    http://www.apexmoto.jp/

Had good experience with 819, both the reservation and the dealer I visited had English speaking staff.

Just my added2 yen, depending how much highway, how light you are travelling etc., you may not need the biggest bike possible. Due to speed limits, etc., a 400cc bike would save you some money on the rental and gas, though if you like to twist the throttle and not worried about the local constabulary, a larger bike will give you possibly a bit more comfort and smiles.