Thread: We've been riding around the world for the last 5 years! Would love to meet GaijinRiders!

No Fixed Location - Formerly Toronto, Canada

Default We've been riding around the world for the last 5 years! Would love to meet GaijinRiders!

Hi Gaijin Riders!

Thought I'd introduce myself and my wife to the group.

Neda and Gene - a rare pic without our helmets

In June 2012, we quit our jobs, sold our home and left Toronto, Canada on two motorcycles. We've been riding around the world ever since, traveling from the very tip of North America in Alaska down through Central America to South America, then moving over to Europe and then South East Asia.

We've been riding around Japan for the last week and a half, taking all the back roads from Tokyo to Kyushu. We're currently holed up in Aso waiting out the rains before continuing our trip back east, maybe to Hokkaido. We are loving Japan, so far!

Here's us riding up the Himalayan Mountains in India

A couple of riders in the area have invited us to do a presentation:

Date: Saturday April 15th 6:30PM
    Map:
    https://goo.gl/maps/UiYg5wkRi8A2

We'd love to meet fellow motorcycle riders in the area, so please come out and join us!

We keep a blog of our travels, it's currently a few months behind, but still gets updated regularly.

The blog is here: http://www.RideDOT.com/rtw

And you can be notified of updates by liking our FB page here: http://www.facebook.com/ridedotcom

Hope to see you next Saturday!

Default We've been riding around the world for the last 5 years! Would love to meet GaijinRiders!

Sounds like a great trip!!!!
    If you get into the Kyoto/Nara area drop a line would love to meet up.
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Will you be in Kyushu until this Thursday? I'm in Kitakyushu and would love to join you for a bit. If not, I'll possibly be available for an early morning coffee on Monday or Tuesday.

Whoah, I'm in Kobe for work this weekend. I'll try and make it!
    '12-'xx - KTM 690smc (stolen) / 990SM-T
    '07-'12 - Honda CB400 / CB1000
    '01-'06 - Yamaha V-Star 650 / 1250

Eat Ramen! www.ramenadventures.com

If you plan on stopping in the Tokyo Area let us know. There are always rides and activities of some sort going on up here.

Hi guys, welcome to Japan.

I have been reading your trip on and off for a few years now, I shall have to catch up on it!

Hope the weather has been better than all the rain that you experienced on a few occasions, although it has been wet here of late that should improve soon if you are staying for awhile.

Enjoy you visit here :)

Hi, if your here Kitakata Fukushima, you're welcome to stop by and rest up for a couple of days.

No Fixed Location - Formerly Toronto, Canada

Hi all, it's been almost year since we've visited Japan and I've just now gotten to blogging about our ride. Here's the first motorcycle blog entry:

Off The Gaijin Trail And Into A Tokyo Dorifto

Armed with a pair of BMW F800Rs! Perhaps it's a bit too early in the season to ride up Mount Fuji...?

[read the full story]