Thread: Where to buy?

Default Where to buy?

Hi, I'm looking to buy in the next month or so and wondered if anyone had any recommendations where to buy. I'm based in Tokyo and looking for ideally a sports bike (say Ninja, 600cc etc). Secondhand preferably if from a reputed dealer.

Can anyone help me out with some suggestions? Many thanks, Dunedin.

John Gavin, owner of Apex Motors (on this site) He's your man. Look no further.
    "That's a man's corner for men, that is." Guy Martin, Isle of Man

Or EZ Moto Kansai, check facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke San View Post
    Or EZ Moto Kansai, check facebook.
    They must have some fantastic deals to make it worth going all the way from Tokyo....

Thanks for the replies so far. I checked out Apex's website but it seems they're not based in Tokyo... is that right? Also they seem to do quite high end stuff rather than 2nd hand Ninjas. Happy to be corrected on both points.

Default Where to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunedin View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far. I checked out Apex's website but it seems they're not based in Tokyo... is that right? Also they seem to do quite high end stuff rather than 2nd hand Ninjas. Happy to be corrected on both points.
    They are in the Tokyo area. And the website isn't the total representation.
    As was mentioned contact John directly they can most certinally get exactly what you want.
    And your in Japan so high end is the norm😎
    It would also help to state a budget.
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Have you searched on Goobike?

http://www.goobike.com/tab/index.html

Default Where to buy?

Red Baron has excellent costumer service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    They are in the Tokyo area.

It is roughly a 220km round trip. That's either 1) over four hours by train at about 7,200 yen train fare or 2) however long it takes him to drive it with expressway tolls up to 8,600 yen.

It is father than I am from Tokyo out here in Gunma and nobody I know considers Gunma to be "in the Tokyo area".

Apex may very well be the best dealer ever in the history of dealers for all I know. I've never heard a word to the contrary and on many occasions I have suggested to my fellow foreigners that they consult with Jav on their vehicle concerns. But let's not pretend that Yamanashi is so conveniently located to Tokyo that every gaijin looking for a bike should be directed to Yamanashi rather than even looking at one of the more than 530 motorcycle shops located inside Tokyo. Quite literally, there are well over a thousand dealers closer than Yamanashi.

http://bike-lineage.jpn.org/etc/bike...refecture.html

Thanks folks for all the useful insights ☺

Still doing my research and popped into a couple of local affiliated dealers in Setagaya near me yesterday to get a better understanding of prices and deals available here etc.

Still deciding next steps - have to find monthly parking near my office as well so a few things to do before I buy.

Apexmoto, run by John Gavin, owner of this forum, are based in Yamanashi, but they deliver bikes to Tokyo as well. They handles any two wheeled vehicle from scooters all the way up to high end classics.

Many Tokyo-based gaijin riders buy their bikes, and sell their bikes, through John. Top service, great prices. He can get you the exact bike you want, as close to your budget as it gets, right out of the dealer's auction, accessible only to dealer.

Give John a buzz at sales@apexmoto.jp. If you're on Facebook, check out Gaijinriders on FB, also Japan Motorcycle Sales group, and Kanto Region Motorcycles for Sale group.
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

Hi Dunedin,

Apexmoto can usually supply bikes at better than retail. We also do insurance and maintenance.
    We can drop off bikes to Tokyo or pick up from Isawaonsen station if you want to take a long way back
    and enjoy a ride.

Just for reference, the tolls, one way are under 2610 excluding the Shuto cost.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Hi Jay, thanks for the info. Does Apex also offer financing? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunedin View Post
    Hi Jay, thanks for the info. Does Apex also offer financing? Cheers.

Sorry for the delay. We offer loans though Orico and Aeon Finance. Interest rates are decent but your
    visa or status must allow work and cover the length of the loan and you have to have an income source .
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.