Thread: Not exactly a new guy.

Default Not exactly a new guy.

Hello! I have re-registered as I cannot log in to my old account because the email address I used is one no longer in exists (USN Ret. Kitty Hawk de-commed). I remembered this site and relized that it has great insider info on riding Japan. I left in July 2005 and came back for a visit in July of 2010. Didn't ride (but wanted to rent but didn't know where) and had forgotten about this site at the time. Anyway I have the Japan Blues again and was thinking about returning in the next few years and figured I could keep abreast current motorcycling info concerning Japan.
    Cheers!

Welcome back.....to the forum. I to am retired USN, living and working in Japan over 33 years now. Are you looking to move back here or just visit?

First a visit. I have been wanting to return on a DoD or contractor ticket. So far it has been just wishful thinking. Wife is JN and of course the kids are both. Retired in 07 and visited in 10. I teckon when I'm done with daigaku (college) my chances of getting would be better. Whereabouts are you located, are you working with the base etc.? I have a good friend that is a FP instructor at Yokosuka. H e retired as well and is on a contravtor ticket.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

Live and work in Yokosuka as a contractor. Been doing the same gig since retiring in '02. Does your friend at the FP job drive a really nice GTR? If so, I also know him.

Lol, yeah Tim Docherty!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Knew a fella by the name of Carl King from Aldine Tx. You may know him. He got VSI then came back in. Made MMC then retired. I was there from Jan 94-Jul 05. Real rough transfer back to the states in 05. Been missin Nippon ever since. Sure the US is great but its gotten worse as far as society goes. Got with the American Legion and Legion Riders just to maintain some sanity. Luckily there are some Japanese mkts around Houston to keep everyone pacified. Found a few decent restaurants and Japnese Festival every year. Ran into a few shipmates that way.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Karl is still here. Him and I work together on various projects in the shipyard and we also ride together from time to time. He just recently purchased a real pretty Road King and is in the process of decking it out.

Oh yeah, I have the same bike I had when I was stationed in Yoko. 2003 XL1200S. Started out with an 82 Honda XL250R. I reckon the Honda is around the bases being passed along to other sailors.