Thread: Myogi mount park area

Fukaya-shi, 50 km north from Tokyo, on JR Takasaki line

Default Myogi mount park area

Hi guys,

I made a (very short) ride last Sunday morning, time to reach Annaka from where Mike and some of his japanese friends started a trip around Nagano. I just had my morning so I went, before coming back home, to a parking lot known as a spot for star gazing (another personal hobby). I then discovered it was a spot too for bikers... I saw maybe one hundred of them, on the road or on that spot ! On Google Map, just put "Prefectural Myogi Park Parking Lot" and here you are. There are some commodities, a small shop, a restaurant and a typical "mountain shrine" (with a very steep staircase) and a giant statue of... well, my wife told me the name, I don't remember. I took some pictures :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ride_00.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	403.2 KB 
ID:	12516
    Not sure that exhaust pipe is street legal...

Name:	ride_04.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	323.2 KB 
ID:	12517
    Stairway to heaven ?

Name:	ride_02.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	221.1 KB 
ID:	12518
    And for those who like, a B&W near IR photography

Next time, I hope I'll have my entire day... to do the entire trip !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF4188.jpg  

Very nice photos! I am glad to see that you safely found your way there and back home again. Our July ride is planned for the 23rd. Please come along with us if you can. (Your wife is welcome too).

Yeah, that was a too short Sunday morning. I was please to meet you and your friends, thanks again ! 7/22-23, I'll may go to a summer astronomical camp in Tsumagoi area (still not sure, it depends of various things, including weather), so I can't answer yet. Do you already know where you'll go ?
    Last edited by Saitama; 12-06-17 at 07:33 PM. Reason: My english sucks, I have to check my errors !

Quote Originally Posted by Saitama View Post
    Yeah, that was a too short Sunday morning. I was please to meet you and your friends, thanks again ! 7/22-23, I'll may go to a summer astronomical camp in Tsumagoi area (still not sure, it depends of various things, including weather), so I can't answer yet. Do you already know where you'll go ?

I have no idea where we will go. I don't have to worry about it until it is my turn to plan and lead the ride again. We take turns doing that.

Ok Mike, then I'll put a mark on my calendar : next time, I would like to do the entire ride ! If you don't mind, I'll let you know soon :)