Thread: Thinking of buying cruiser....need advice

Default Thinking of buying cruiser....need advice

I'm thinking of buying a 400- 750cc cruiser here in japan before i leave. in addition to the logistics of shipping a bike (taxes, etc.), i'm also looking for general thougts on models. i like the yamaha (v star in usa?), vulcan, suzuki boulevard, honda (magna?) types. i like fat tires and reclined posture.

any suggestions for used bike forums/web sites for japan? i can't read kanji, so english preferred, but i could get a friend to help me if there is a forum that is only in japanese. thoughts on bike size//difference between the models i mentioned....others i'm forgetting? vintage vs. recent, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KansaiGaijin View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a 400- 750cc cruiser here in japan before i leave. in addition to the logistics of shipping a bike (taxes, etc.), i'm also looking for general thougts on models. i like the yamaha (v star in usa?), vulcan, suzuki boulevard, honda (magna?) types. i like fat tires and reclined posture.

any suggestions for used bike forums/web sites for japan? i can't read kanji, so english preferred, but i could get a friend to help me if there is a forum that is only in japanese. thoughts on bike size//difference between the models i mentioned....others i'm forgetting? vintage vs. recent, etc.
    Please clarify, you are in Japan and departing for US?
    And want to take a cruiser back with you?
    a few words of advise IF this is the case:
    1. For the size and brand you like check the engine and parts would be available in North America, or that parts from the larger bikes wou.d fit on a smaller bike.
    2. I believe goobike.net or weebike has purchase and shipping information, not sure about bros.jp.
    3. If you are interested my 2014 vulcan 900 (classic) is collecting dust back in a garage in missouri, less than 1000miles before moving here and buying an Indian. (My folks will send it to consignment sometime soon)

Used cruisers in the states might be something to look into for cost comparison when you factor in cost of smaller bike and shipping.

No matter what enjoy the ride.